The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Lol guys, I'm really confused. I think I have been rejected by Birmingham but I'm not sure :/ On Track it says my application to Birmingham was unsuccessful, but then I got an email from Birmingham literally 2 hours after the change was made on Track, asking for my predicted grades from my nominated referee. Anyone else have a similar problem? I applied for Dentistry & met all the requirements.
Original post by kp0pfan21
Lol guys, I'm really confused. I think I have been rejected by Birmingham but I'm not sure :/ On Track it says my application to Birmingham was unsuccessful, but then I got an email from Birmingham literally 2 hours after the change was made on Track, asking for my predicted grades from my nominated referee. Anyone else have a similar problem? I applied for Dentistry & met all the requirements.

yeah weird - unsuccessful means rejected. i think you should email them. there seems to have been a mix up
Reply 7702
has our ukcat scores been sent to the universities yet???????? have you heard anything recently.
on the website it said the first week of november so do you reckon unis will find out our scores in less than a week?
Reply 7703

why did they ask for predicted grades when they already have them because the schools would have sent them in the first place right??? did you speak to the uni? because I never heard such thing. What were your predictions and AS anyways?
Original post by 11...
why did they ask for predicted grades when they already have them because the schools would have sent them in the first place right??? did you speak to the uni? because I never heard such thing. What were your predictions and AS anyways?

It has all been clarified now :smile: My school didn't send them in the first place but I spoke to them about it in the middle of October & my head of year said he would send an email to all my unis about my predicted grades. Turns out Birmingham didn't bother reading that email before they rejected me, my school has sent another email just to be sure. I am predicted AAAA (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish & EPQ), I got AACC (Chemistry, Spanish, Biology & History respectively) at AS.
Reply 7705
It has all been clarified now :smile: My school didn't send them in the first place but I spoke to them about it in the middle of October & my head of year said he would send an email to all my unis about my predicted grades. Turns out Birmingham didn't bother reading that email before they rejected me, my school has sent another email just to be sure. I am predicted AAAA (Chemistry, Biology, Spanish & EPQ), I got AACC (Chemistry, Spanish, Biology & History respectively) at AS.

can people see their predicted grades on ucas track?
Reply 7706
Original post by 11...

No, I think it is with our reference that was written.
Original post by 11...
has our ukcat scores been sent to the universities yet???????? have you heard anything recently.
on the website it said the first week of november so do you reckon unis will find out our scores in less than a week?

Nope, not yet. They get the results on the seventh of November, so in four days :redface:
Original post by d010534
Nope, not yet. They get the results on the seventh of November, so in four days :redface:

They already have our results as 2 UKCAT universities have already started to give out offers
Original post by emelinaw
they already have our results as 2 ukcat universities have already started to give out offers

what?? Who?
Original post by d010534

How do you know it is on the 7th?
Original post by carbon_

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying/whathappens

Look on the date November 7 in the table; that's when Sheffield get the results.
Original post by carbon_

Manchester already got our ukcat results on the first of November :smile:
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Manchester already got our ukcat results on the first of November :smile:

Do you know any other unis who already got the results? Anything about Southampton, SGUL, Leicester? (I'm freaking out now :angry:)
Got an interview from Birmingham this morning :smile:
Original post by d010534
Do you know any other unis who already got the results? Anything about Southampton, SGUL, Leicester? (I'm freaking out now :angry:)

Nope sorry have no Idea but you could call them and they would tell you if they received the results
Original post by d010534
what?? Who?

I think Birmingham and Bristol? Not 100% certain though, just what I heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d010534
what?? Who?

Birmingham and Bristol so far! Don't worry about others, they're perhaps just the most organised - they haven't had our results for long!
Original post by d010534
what?? Who?

Bham and Bristol so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending