The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Do you have to make the Barclays interview right after submitting or do you have like 48h?

if anyone has done it yet please PM me
Which banks has everyone heard back from, and is it good news or bad news?
Original post by nitin985
Would you guys recommend not applying to Goldman till after an SEO Fast track event on the 25th of November or should I do it now?
Also for the application they ask for an academic transcript. Considering I have done 0 exams so far at Uni what do I do about this

Have you been confirmed for the SEO event?

I'm pretty sure I pi$$ed them off by ignoring their second email about how amazingly bad all the CV's they received are and by making no changes...
Original post by banana5
Did your friend have a Video Interview before they got their offer?

EDIT: People I know that got it last year got video interviews in the first week of December before getting an offer.

Phone Interview!
Original post by Cityy
Do you have to make the Barclays interview right after submitting or do you have like 48h?

if anyone has done it yet please PM me

5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MDmcDeeezeNuts
Which banks has everyone heard back from, and is it good news or bad news?

sending all my apps off this weekend (done about 17-18 applications)
anyone know the percentile cut-off points for numerical tests with banks?
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
anyone know the percentile cut-off points for numerical tests with banks?

50-70th depending, usually 70th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from SEO for FYFT?
Original post by tazza ma razza
sending all my apps off this weekend (done about 17-18 applications)
There's 18 banks that do spring weeks? oO
I just completed the Morgan Stanley numerical test, but didn't receive any email with the results. My application page displays this:
Thank you for completing the online tests. Your results have been received and your application is currently under consideration.
We will be in touch in due course.

Do you have any idea on how long it will take?

Btw it was difficult and I didn't have enough time to complete it...
Reply 1531
Tried to do the Barclays interview however the link does not work.

Same for anyone else?
On the baml spring week application it says (maximum of two) for listing work experience and extracurriculars, surely we can list more than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jker
Tried to do the Barclays interview however the link does not work.

Same for anyone else?

What happens?? Normally they have a code already inserted in the top right corner. Then you just click on start interview
Reply 1534
Original post by BGUK19
What happens?? Normally they have a code already inserted in the top right corner. Then you just click on start interview

I just get this message every time.

The interview is currently unavailable.

This interview error has been reported to Barclays and we are working to resolve the issue. Please try again at a later time.

For additional questions, please contact HireVue Customer Support at 1-800-655-4106 ext 1.
Reply 1535
Original post by Terry Tibbs
On the baml spring week application it says (maximum of two) for listing work experience and extracurriculars, surely we can list more than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most applicants have just started university. I doubt many people have much relevant work experience and EC's. If people characterize putting your piggy bank money into some stocks as work experience I can only imagine what kind of ******** these recruitment teams have to read through.
I'm going to be applying for around 12 banks/wealth managements firms this month. Would you guys send like one off every few days, or pile them all up and send them all off in 2 weeks? Not sure what the logic is here.
Original post by RWiz
Most applicants have just started university. I doubt many people have much relevant work experience and EC's. If people characterize putting your piggy bank money into some stocks as work experience I can only imagine what kind of ******** these recruitment teams have to read through.

Well the top candidates have done plenty before university and some are in their second year (including me), plus they ask for no CV so what else are they meant to base the quality of the candidate with?

It doesn't even stop you putting more than two either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1538
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Well the top candidates have done plenty before university and some are in their second year (including me), plus they ask for no CV so what else are they meant to base the quality of the candidate with?

It doesn't even stop you putting more than two either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think experience from before uni barely adds much value unless it's a part of your gap year. Moreover, experience that relates to the world of finance is even more rare amongst first-year candidates.

They base their decision on your SJT test result and the two questions you're supposed to answer later on.
Original post by RWiz
I don't think experience from before uni barely adds much value unless it's a part of your gap year. Moreover, experience that relates to the world of finance is even more rare amongst first-year candidates.

They base their decision on your SJT test result and the two questions you're supposed to answer later on.

Thats quite interesting actually. I believe its to narrow the gap between those who are quite priveleged and those who aren't.

Latest

Trending

Trending