The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ndm11
Got the offer from BAML :smile:

Congratulations! When did you hear from them? Was it via phone call or email?
Reply 1561
Original post by ndm11
Got the offer from BAML :smile:

Nice well done! What division preferences did you put? :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Institutional Securities is their overall investment bank. Just like ICG at Citi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at MS, the institutional securities isn't even on the global programs list when you look, it only had ISG and Technology. So I'm guessing ISG is the closest to IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BGUK19
Looking at MS, the institutional securities isn't even on the global programs list when you look, it only had ISG and Technology. So I'm guessing ISG is the closest to IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look man, if you want to learn about IBD, S&T, Ops etc choose ISG if you want to learn about tech choose Tech.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't heard back from BAML since my interview on Thursday. I heard that successful applicants are notified the day after the interview. Is this always the case?
Anybody heard back after their ICAP interview? My application has been put on hold, interviewed 2 weeks ago
Is it okay if I apply for a SW in the end of November ?
Reply 1567
Original post by Goldfly
I haven't heard back from BAML since my interview on Thursday. I heard that successful applicants are notified the day after the interview. Is this always the case?

If you don't mind answering, when did you apply and what division preferences did you put down?
Original post by Jker
If you don't mind answering, when did you apply and what division preferences did you put down?

About a month ago, and Global Markets & Research :smile:
Reply 1569
Original post by RWiz
Congrats! What are the dates? And What is your CV like?
Posted from TSR Mobile

First week of April. Regarding the CV I have a couple of awards and scholarships but no finance work experience
Reply 1570
Original post by Jker
Nice well done! What division preferences did you put? :smile:

Thank you :smile: IB first, wholesale credit second.
How many words do most banks allow for their "Why do you want to work in Investment Banking at X bank, and what skills do you have" question? I know JP Morgan allow 300, but I'm drafting a letter now and it's around 500, I wondered if it's worth me keeping this longer draft if some banks allow more words?
Reply 1572
any else have trouble doing the barclays interview? am still getting the error notification..
Reply 1573
Original post by jw6464
any else have trouble doing the barclays interview? am still getting the error notification..

I have the same problem...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ndm11
First week of April. Regarding the CV I have a couple of awards and scholarships but no finance work experience

What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1575
Hi guys
I am applying to cs atm, what do they mean by academic transcripts/ exam results? Is that A-Level/GCSE transcripts they're looking for or is it for 2nd/3rd year of uni- therefore does not apply to me
Reply 1576
Original post by Terry Tibbs
What uni do you go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bocconi in Milan, all the banks are recruiting pretty heavily from there.
Original post by Giroud12
Anybody heard back after their ICAP interview? My application has been put on hold, interviewed 2 weeks ago
had the interview on wednesday and was told to wait 2 weeks until decision
Original post by Trader07
Don´t be that guy
What's wrong with being that particular guy?
Original post by Trader07
I guess I shouldn´t be worried about even getting two offers, but just to mention that scenario...

With banks like Goldman recruiting not on a rolling basis, what do you do when you get an offer now? Accept it and if you should be so lucky to get an offer from Goldman in January decline the offer from the other bank you already accepted?

Yeh, or accept and go to both if no overlap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending