The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BGUK19
Has anyone seen this Amplify trading? Just curious if its one of those pay loads and get nothing. Or is it actually recognised and gives you potential?

It is very expensive but I have to say Amplify is a well recognised name amongst traders, my friend who did an internship at GS mentioned how half his interview was just about Amplify Trading and what he did there since it was super relevant to his securities application.

So its definitely a huge plus if you have it but unless you have a lot of money to spend you are probably better off leaving it for SW stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gbLDN
Has the deadline for Deloitte spring week passed?
Not open yet.
Original post by Trader07
Yes, I did because it is an important factor in this industry.

How exactly did you network with traders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Citi's application system is so *****y......can't even edit it
Reply 1684
Barclays interview really wasn't too bad tbh. Bit weird recording yourself mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1685
Original post by IMZL
Barclays interview really wasn't too bad tbh. Bit weird recording yourself mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still honestly can't believe their whole process is application -> video interview -> offer.
Original post by Jker
I still honestly can't believe their whole process is application -> video interview -> offer.

I also agree with this

Posted from TSR Mobile
When doing cover letters, who do you address it to? Do you have to find a HR person in the bank from Linkedin and address it to them?
Original post by gwagon
When doing cover letters, who do you address it to? Do you have to find a HR person in the bank from Linkedin and address it to them?

Dear sir madam or grad recruitment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BGUK19
Has anyone seen this Amplify trading? Just curious if its one of those pay loads and get nothing. Or is it actually recognised and gives you potential?

Nothing you pay for will equate to anything near experience you successfully applied for.
Original post by Trader07
I am from a target school, so there were a lot of networking events on-campus, where I talked with MDs from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Citi for example and I also had informal phone interviews later with them. That is really a great opportunity to learn a lot and to understand the industry better. It´s also nice to mention that in your cover letter later on. I also had an informal interview with an analyst from Morgan Stanley, after asking him over linkedIn. So it´s also possible for non-targets.

The best thing to do is really reaching out to some alumni. Most of them will be happy to help you.

I agree. I can't stress enough the importance of networking.
Original post by usualsuspects
offers: BAML

interviews: BAML, UBS, ICAP

If we consider the posters reliable sources...

is that it?
Reply 1692
Original post by bobb99998
is that it?

MS is interviewing as well
Original post by bobb99998
is that it?

offers: BAML*, BARC*

interviews: BAML, UBS, ICAP, BARC, MS*

I want to clarify that these are not MY achievements (unfortunately), but the up to date list of banks giving interviews and offers!

*Based on too few posts to be 100% confirmed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1694
Original post by LN27
Got an offer from JPM 🎉🎉

Good prank!
Is there anyone else who got an offer from BAML? I haven't heard back since applying 3 weeks ago.
Reply 1696
Original post by usualsuspects
Is there anyone else who got an offer from BAML? I haven't heard back since applying 3 weeks ago.

Ndm11 I think but I literally don't know if we can trust him, he comes from Bocconi you know...
Reply 1697
Original post by LN27
Ndm11 I think but I literally don't know if we can trust him, he comes from Bocconi you know...

hahah you can trust me people, I'm an honest man. I would be more concerned with Barclays and JPM offers out of the blue :wink:
Reply 1698
I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.
Original post by RWiz
I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.

I don't know who said that, but can confirm that CS says screening starts in December. I also know that Barclays tells you quite quickly if you failed or passed the video interview (which, btw, for some people is instead a set of tests, I have no idea on what this distinction is based).

Latest

Trending

Trending