The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration.

As the programme you have applied for holds interviews as part of the selection process you will be notified if you are shortlisted. Please be aware that the shortlisting process can take some time and interviews may run until Spring 2017.

:O I finally got it lol! Thought I was going to get an outright rejection from them!

Hopefully they send out interviews soon!
Reply 21
has anyone heard from them yet??
Original post by nrana1
has anyone heard from them yet??

Nope nothing yet...

Was really tempted to email them and ask, but chickened out :P
i emailed hahaha i got a generic email back saying they are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment and to check their website for information... will update if they reply! :smile:

update:
just got this response 'Dear Charlotte All I can say is that nobody has been invited yet …presumably it will be in the next few weeks.'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chartee21
i emailed hahaha i got a generic email back saying they are experiencing a high volume of emails at the moment and to check their website for information... will update if they reply! :smile:

update:
just got this response 'Dear Charlotte All I can say is that nobody has been invited yet …presumably it will be in the next few weeks.'

Thanks for this!

Hope its soon!!
Reply 25
Hey guys :smile:
I hope you're all well! Have any of you applied for both their undergrad and graduate routes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Katya64
Hey guys :smile:
I hope you're all well! Have any of you applied for both their undergrad and graduate routes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only applied to their graduate course. I am so nervous about not being good enough for an interview! Did you apply to both? I did end up applying to undergraduate courses in other medical schools but realistically, I can't really afford them even if i did manage to get in.
Reply 27
Original post by nrana1
I've only applied to their graduate course. I am so nervous about not being good enough for an interview! Did you apply to both? I did end up applying to undergraduate courses in other medical schools but realistically, I can't really afford them even if i did manage to get in.

Hey :smile:
I think it's really hard NOT to think like that, and it's completely understandable. Because there is a high volume of strong applications, there is always that self-doubt. The only thing that you can do is keep yourself busy until you hear back from them.
I think you should always give yourself a chance even if it means eating baked beans for breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 years! I wish you the best of luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by nrana1

Yeah same since I'm applying with a 2:1. Birmingham is the only 4 year course I'm applying to this year. The rest are 5 year courses. Have you looked into private funding?
Reply 29
Original post by Katya64
Hey :smile:
I think it's really hard NOT to think like that, and it's completely understandable. Because there is a high volume of strong applications, there is always that self-doubt. The only thing that you can do is keep yourself busy until you hear back from them.
I think you should always give yourself a chance even if it means eating baked beans for breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 years! I wish you the best of luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you're right. I am trying to keep busy and not not be so distracted that it affects my current work. Thank you so much and I wish you all the best too :biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by AmaduM
Yeah same since I'm applying with a 2:1. Birmingham is the only 4 year course I'm applying to this year. The rest are 5 year courses. Have you looked into private funding?

Fingers crossed for all of us! No, I haven't looked into it. What do you mean by private funding?
Reply 31
Original post by nrana1
Fingers crossed for all of us! No, I haven't looked into it. What do you mean by private funding?

Indeed. Since we don't get student finance help for the 5 year course as graduates there are other private companies that can lend you enough money to pay your tuition fees and you pay them back. Some you pay afterwards others you pay while you study. The only thing is that they tend to have high interest rates and you need a very good credit score. There's a company called 'future finance' and apparently you can also check certain high Street banks for professional development loans

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys for all those who are waiting anxiously - I'm a current GEC 1 at birmingham and we did get our interviews offered late november so may be a week still. get used to waiting ...... it lasts all yearrrrrr. best of luck! :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Catherine1193
hi guys for all those who are waiting anxiously - I'm a current GEC 1 at birmingham and we did get our interviews offered late november so may be a week still. get used to waiting ...... it lasts all yearrrrrr. best of luck! :smile:

Thank you :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Catherine1193

I think we needed to hear that! thanks
Come on Birmingham :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by NafNaf39
Come on Birmingham :frown:

I know right!
Reply 37
Another week i guess
Reply 38
Any news yet anyone?
Nope nothing.

I'm surprised Birmingham's taken this long, they're normally pretty quick :/