The Student Room Group

left a 6 week project till last minute

I started it today and it's due in tomorrow at 4pm. I pushed it too far this time and I'm seriously ****ed!!! I can't decide if I should sleep for a few hours or if I should stay up all night

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Angry Bird
I started it today and it's due in tomorrow at 4pm. I pushed it too far this time and I'm seriously ****ed!!! I can't decide if I should sleep for a few hours or if I should stay up all night

Go to sleep now and get up early.
Original post by offhegoes

er no
do it NOW

you might not have enough time to complete it if you sleep first.

Spoiler

As I always say in situations like this... There's 24 hours in a day.

Forget sleep, get the project done.
Reply 4
Original post by alkaline.
er no
do it NOW

you might not have enough time to complete it if you sleep first.

Spoiler

You can accomplish plenty in 8 hours from 8am to 4pm.

Plenty of times I've done all nighters and it rarely leads to getting something decent done efficiently.

Though my dissertation was scraped together in a sleepless 36 hours and got a first class standard, somehow :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Get it done now because:

1) You might not wake up
2) You might not wake up in time
2) If you wake up, you might not be able to function properly in order to do work
3) You are running out of time so get off TSR Now!

Spoiler

All Nighter!
All Nighter!
ALL NIGHTER!
You can accomplish plenty in 8 hours from 8am to 4pm.

Plenty of times of done all nighters and it rarely leads to getting something decent done efficiently.

If you regularly top up on caffeine you should have the drive & focus to complete it efficiently. Why risk sleeping first? If he does the work BEFORE sleep there's just a high enough pressure to give a drive to get **** done without worrying about an 8 hour limit on 6 WEEKS worth of work.

That's my opinion.

Sleeping with the weight lifted = better quality sleep anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
You're totally screwed. It's okay I've been through this and got full marks on my project although it took me another day and I asked for an extension (so technically only 3 days to do a whole years worth of work).

This is bad for your health so do it at your own risk.

- Grab some coffee, get into the mood
The more determined you are, the faster you will get it done

- Pull an all nighter
Feel free to nap after 5/6am; if you do so, put loads of alarms on.

- Work faster, you will need to rush things but try your hardest to cover main important aspects.

- Work out a little after every 2 hours to stay awake

- Check work throughly tomorrow after nap and before handing it in

- Good luck
Why are you reading this anyway? Get to it!
Just do it. Now. As much as you can. Damn. Hell what is it? Anything we can help you on.
And is this a normal occurrence?
If so this habit must be fixed!

Though a little assurance, sometimes I got my best work done under such pressure. So you can definitely do it and hopefully it will turn out well.

Whether you decide to do an all nighter or wake up early I wuish you all the best. Good luck!!
Reply 10
Hm we have all been there.... what level are you at? GCSEs? A-levels? Degree?

Either way the best thing to do is to be strong and stay up... it's hell but we've all been there.
Stay up and don't sleep until it's done. Drink as much coffee, red bull... anything with caffeine, as you can. Keep eating so you don't get low on energy. I also find listening to really fast paced music can help wake me up sometimes, that and going to the bathroom to chuck cold water on my face if I'm starting to get sleepy.

I've had to do this when finishing off a few degree essays (I learnt my lesson!) and it worked. You just gotta accept that you probably aren't going to do amazingly, but submitting something is better than nothing. Just push through. You can crash all day once it's in.
Reply 12
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
Get it done now because:

You might not wake up

That went dark fast.
Reply 13
Original post by alkaline.
If you regularly top up on caffeine you should have the drive & focus to complete it efficiently. Why risk sleeping first? If he does the work BEFORE sleep there's just a high enough pressure to give a drive to get **** done without worrying about an 8 hour limit on 6 WEEKS worth of work.

That's my opinion.

Sleeping with the weight lifted = better quality sleep anyway.

I doubt at this stage we're gonna end up with quality anyway.

It comes down to preference but I find efficiency to be preferable.
Not going to sugar quote it. You got yourself in some deep **** but then again I did that all the time. The last time, I did that was with my disserration. The dissertation of 12,000 words, which I was supposed to get done in a time frame of 2 to 3 months, I started 15 hours before the deadline. Submitted it and got a first class somehow. But, if I could turn around time, I think I would've started early to avoid the stress and crying.

I remember before starting my dissertation, I was on Google typing 'can I get 12,000 words done in 15 hours'? :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Get it done ASAP. Or ask for an extension if possible. I'm sure you're not the only one in this position so don't worry too much.

If you go to sleep with the intention of doing it tomorrow you might not finish things in time? Best to get it out the way!
All nighter.

This wont help! It should do it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
do it now
You wont wake up
Reply 19
Get some redbull too

Quick Reply

Latest