The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelusa
Thank you :smile: I'm studying Medical Sciences atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome!
Original post by 10LFC10
Do you mind me asking your stats? I'm beyond gutted as I didn't realise I could apply there and now I'm expecting rejections from all my gamsat ones :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure:smile:
Gcse equivalent: 12A*
A level: 4 A* (maths, bio, chem and art)
Predicted 1st in Medical Sciences.
You can always apply next year if it doesn't work out :smile: hope it all goes well for you. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can explain this to me: In the ISC medical school interviews book it talks about the postcode lottery and says "people living in urban areas have easier access to healthcare facilities than people living in cities." Surely that doesn't make sense and it should be "people living in urban areas have easier access to healthcare facilities than people living in rural areas" ?? As isn't a city an urban area? Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm just being silly 😂
Original post by medicinehopefulx28
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can explain this to me: In the ISC medical school interviews book it talks about the postcode lottery and says "people living in urban areas have easier access to healthcare facilities than people living in cities." Surely that doesn't make sense and it should be "people living in urban areas have easier access to healthcare facilities than people living in rural areas" ?? As isn't a city an urban area? Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm just being silly 😂

Perhaps it means that in cities there is often a greater population using the same health care facility so despite the best endeavours of the NHS, there are often much longer waiting times for services such as visiting a GP. From personal experience, my brother had to wait 4 weeks to see a GP in central London whereas where I live in the North East, I can often get an appointment on the same day or at least within the same week.

However this is a total guess and I do agree with what you're trying to say about access to healthcare in urban vs rural areas.
[QUOTE="thelusa;68492246"]
Original post by sportfanatic

Awesome! Mine is on 23rd at 1pm. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! I've been rooting for you ever since you've been supporting my answers for section 2 on the BMAT forum :smile: Hope all goes well!
Hi everyone, has manchester released their cut off for their ukcat yet? Thanks
To those more familiar with the UKCAT. I know the testing usually starts in July, two months after the registration begins. My question is - how often does the test occur between July and September/October? It is a Monday-Friday thing throughout the 3-4 months, or does it happen on specific dates i.e. once a week?

I understand the test can be taken only once a year, but it would be really helpful if someone could tell me if the testing happens often or for example once a week (timetable-wise).
Reply 7787
Original post by sportfanatic
I've just recieved interviews for cambridge and newcastle (so so shocked and excited) so fingers crossed for you all who have applied to them!

do universities receive our BMAT scores before us?
Original post by Mac117
To those more familiar with the UKCAT. I know the testing usually starts in July, two months after the registration begins. My question is - how often does the test occur between July and September/October? It is a Monday-Friday thing throughout the 3-4 months, or does it happen on specific dates i.e. once a week?

I understand the test can be taken only once a year, but it would be really helpful if someone could tell me if the testing happens often or for example once a week (timetable-wise).

Hi,

It happens throughout the period pretty much every day multiple times a day. It depends on the specific test centre, though.
Make sure you book plenty of time in advance/pretty much as soon as registration opens, as although there are many many test centres, there are also lots of candidates. I ended up taking the test abroad as there was no availability ANYWHERE in the UK for the last week of testing by the time I wanted to book.

Good luck!
Reply 7789
[QUOTE="sportfanatic;68491962"]
Original post by thelusa
Wow, congrats! Which college? I applied to Lucy Cavendish, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon,too.

EDIT: just got an interview at Cambridge :biggrin:

Ahh congrats too! I applied for Lucy cavendish too :smile: when's your interview?
Posted from TSR Mobile

well done! what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ArtScience
Hi,

It happens throughout the period pretty much every day multiple times a day. It depends on the specific test centre, though.
Make sure you book plenty of time in advance/pretty much as soon as registration opens, as although there are many many test centres, there are also lots of candidates. I ended up taking the test abroad as there was no availability ANYWHERE in the UK for the last week of testing by the time I wanted to book.

Good luck!

Thank you for this! Helps me plan my summer :smile:
Reply 7791
which interview practice course would you guys recommend? is medic portal good? it is more expensive than medicu, but I don't know which one to go for? do you think I should wait until I receive an interview offer or just book it and see what happens? how much preparation time will unis give prior to their invitation to interview. thanks for those who reply :smile: :wink:
Reply 7792
Original post by 11...
which interview practice course would you guys recommend? is medic portal good? it is more expensive than medicu, but I don't know which one to go for? do you think I should wait until I receive an interview offer or just book it and see what happens? how much preparation time will unis give prior to their invitation to interview. thanks to those who reply :smile: :wink:
Reply 7793
loooool that was a lengthy, boring post but pls pls pls reply
Since aberdeen have began handing interviews can someone recommend a ogod book that will incorporate mmi or just an mmi book then.
i know about isc but how good actually is it.
Hi everyone, has manchester released their cut off for their ukcat yet? Thanks
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with recent topics in medicine, please?
Original post by BlueBlizzard
Anybody doing the UKCAT in 2016 or 2017? What, in your opinion, is the most difficult section? Is it just me, or is Verbal Reasoning really frustrating? :/

i found abstract the hardest
i got; 890 QR
670 VR
660 AR
I was doing better in VR in my mocks but much worse in my mocks in AR and QR. Got 2220 overall so 740.
Original post by Banterny
i found abstract the hardest
i got; 890 QR
670 VR
660 AR
I was doing better in VR in my mocks but much worse in my mocks in AR and QR. Got 2220 overall so 740.

That's a brilliant UKCAT, where did you apply? And have your heard anything back?
Original post by Euan1603
That's a brilliant UKCAT, where did you apply? And have your heard anything back?

Thanks a lot!! Edinburgh, Newcastle, Oxford and Notts. I've got an interview from Newcastle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending