The Student Room Group

Junaid Jamshed was on board PIA plane which just crashed in Pakistan :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
He's children were on there too? I thought it was just him and his wife.

RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
This video is from 2012 so its fairly recent. He has been preaching since the late 90s. I won't feel sorry for someone who thinks making a laughing stock out of their daughters is okay.

You feel sad because you liked the guy, and thats fine.

Correction, he hasn't been preaching since the late 90s lol. He found his way to Islam in 2004 or something after meeting Mullanah Tariq Jameel. It's not about feeling sad, it's about basic humanity. Regardless, he touched many hearts whether it was during his music days or 'crazy mullah' days.
Reply 22
Meh, he turned from an icon of Pakistan in to a crazy mullah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P7q2H11yhA

In this sermon, he's telling a story of one of his concerts where a father dragged his two daughters out of the building in front of everyone. If he thought that was a good thing to do, then he had completely lost the plot.

Just watched this. He's just saying how seeing that incident made him feel bad and realised that the religious communities didn't really respect him. I agree he had a much bigger impact on Pakistan before he became like this though and it was mostly his music that made a contribution to the modern culture, but he grew out of that lifestyle and that video shows he wasn't happy doing it knowing that a lot of Muslims disapproved of it and that Islamically he wasn't doing anything good.

His voice was incredible though, when he sang Naya Pakistan with Junoon he said he would only sing if there were no instruments playing in the background and they agreed just to have him on the song lol
Reply 23
Original post by A321

RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was just him and his wife. His children were in Karachi.
Reply 24
Original post by A321

RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't update the original post after more info came in. He had 3 wives, 1 who he had children with, and she was at home with the kids. It was one of his other wives who died, but no kids.
Reply 25
This video is from 2012 so its fairly recent. He has been preaching since the late 90s. I won't feel sorry for someone who thinks making a laughing stock out of their daughters is okay.

You feel sad because you liked the guy, and thats fine.

Go and slap yourself
Original post by BULL14
Go and slap yourself

You mad?
Reply 27
You mad?

Naaaah mate😡

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending