The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gsbs2
cool thanks. any luck for u?

Yah done VI and rejected
Not surprised as I did not prepare LMAO
But TBH questions are normal ones so you would be fine if you prepare a little bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Loolipoop
Yah done VI and rejected
Not surprised as I did not prepare LMAO
But TBH questions are normal ones so you would be fine if you prepare a little bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh sorry to hear that man. mind sharing an insight?
Original post by gsbs2
ahh sorry to hear that man. mind sharing an insight?

PM me
Did it ages ago tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long did it take people to hear back from UBS after video interview?
Original post by Farhan96

Many people are yet to head back, myself included, after doing a video interview nearly a month ago.
Original post by Farhan96

In my case 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3626
I searched 50 pages and couldn't find a concrete answer: what are Barclays interview questions like?

I saw 12 questions, some MCQ one written etc, but what exact type of question?
Situational? Technical? Motivations?
Original post by DQd
I searched 50 pages and couldn't find a concrete answer: what are Barclays interview questions like?

Situational/motivational
Reply 3628
Original post by DQd

has it even opened yet?
Reply 3629
Original post by Princepieman
You only need 1.

The whole premise is to feed into the recruiting pipeline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

would it be fair to say that 10% of students will get a spring week?
Reply 3630
Original post by skylake
Okay, so basically I screwed up but I only ended up sending off initial applications about a week ago. Are my chances significantly diminished due to the lateness of my applications? I assume most are rolling bar GS. I applied to GS, MS, Barclays, HSBC, Bank of America, UBS, Credit Suisse, Deutsche and PwC...

wouldnt worry, except you missed a few deadlines -bnpp jpm
Original post by martimc
Has anyone receoved a rejection from baml? After the online application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup, got rejected last week
Original post by GBloggs1996
Anyone know what kind of technical questions we're likely to get at spring week level? I thought they were most competency based at this point, but just double checked the Deutsche interview email and they said they'll ask technical questions too ...

Have you got an interview invitation from Deutsche? Mind my asking when you applied? Thanks!
Original post by Farah233
Have you got an interview invitation from Deutsche? Mind my asking when you applied? Thanks!

Yeah it's tomorrow :/ I applied mid November, but they said that they're definitely going to do interviews in Jan as well so I reckon they're just being slow
Yeah it's tomorrow :/ I applied mid November, but they said that they're definitely going to do interviews in Jan as well so I reckon they're just being slow

Congrats and good look on your interview!
Original post by MrMarkets
This is a long-shot and I don't mean to sound like a d*ck but if someones fortunate enough to have multiple offers that clash is there some sort of league table/ method of choosing which offer is best?

If markets, just google:
"{insert asset class; where asset class is either fixed income, equity derivatives, cash equities etc} H1 or H2 (for first half of the year and second half of the year correspondingly) 2016 (or whatever year) rankings".

E.g. "Fixed Income H1 2016 rankings"

You might be surprised to see that some more highly perceived banks are subpar in certain asset classes but finding the right balance between the two is what you should aim for.

If IBD there are rankings galore for M&A, ECM and DCM activity.

That all said heavily think about the people you'll be spending 70-80+ (IBD) or 55-70+ (S&T) hours a week with potentially.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farah233
Congrats and good look on your interview!

Thanks! When did you apply?
Thanks! When did you apply?

Around the same time as you. So it is probably a bad news for me :frown:

Which division did you apply to?
Original post by Princepieman
If markets, just google:
"{insert asset class; where asset class is either fixed income, equity derivatives, cash equities etc} H1 or H2 (for first half of the year and second half of the year correspondingly) 2016 (or whatever year) rankings".

E.g. "Fixed Income H1 2016 rankings"

You might be surprised to see that some more highly perceived banks are subpar in certain asset classes but finding the right balance between the two is what you should aim for.

If IBD there are rankings galore for M&A, ECM and DCM activity.

That all said heavily think about the people you'll be spending 70-80+ (IBD) or 55-70+ (S&T) hours a week with potentially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, very insightful
does anyone know, generally speaking, how many places are available for a position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending