The Student Room Group

Referencing academic papers: URGENT HELP PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW

If I want to reference something that a paper has said but what they have said is from another paper (so for example ' Unfortunately, space constraints prevent this review from covering some topics relevant to social cognitive neuroscience, such as emotion recognition and face processing, how would I reference this? Would I have to go to that paper and find the information I originally found in that article and reference it or can I reference the article that cites the original paper?

Hope this makes sense and isn't too much of a stupid question, am confused especially as it will take me 50x longer to go and read through what the paper I am reading has referenced
Original post by dash777
If I want to reference something that a paper has said but what they have said is from another paper (so for example ' Unfortunately, space constraints prevent this review from covering some topics relevant to social cognitive neuroscience, such as emotion recognition and face processing, how would I reference this? Would I have to go to that paper and find the information I originally found in that article and reference it or can I reference the article that cites the original paper?

Hope this makes sense and isn't too much of a stupid question, am confused especially as it will take me 50x longer to go and read through what the paper I am reading has referenced

You can't cite a citation in a paper - you need to go to the source material and cite that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending