in particular people who don't have english as a first language

Scroll to see replies

Punjabi
Reply 2
++
Reply 3
Original post by Taran001
Punjabi

How many languages do you speak fluently?
Reply 4
inb4 "wat language do u fink in?!"
Reply 5
fluent in english & arabic & arabic used to be my first language as a kid but now its eng :\
Original post by ho_ho_ho
How many languages do you speak fluently?

Punjabi, English, German (intermediate)
Strictly speaking 2 i guess
Reply 7
Original post by Taran001
Punjabi, English, German (intermediate)
Strictly speaking 2 i guess

What language do you think in?
Reply 8
Original post by gameofno
fluent in english & arabic & arabic used to be my first language as a kid but now its eng :\

Reply 9

english but if im speaking in arabic to somebody then i think in arabic! and sometimes if i think in english then there are some words that automatically come to me in arabic not english hahaha
Portuguese
Reply 11
Original post by gameofno
english but if im speaking in arabic to somebody then i think in arabic! and sometimes if i think in english then there are some words that automatically come to me in arabic not english hahaha

can you choose to think in arabic instead of english when thinking on your own to yourself?
Reply 12
Sign language
Reply 13
Original post by kaylee_khalifa
Portuguese

What languages do you speak fluently?
Reply 14
can you choose to think in arabic instead of english when thinking on your own to yourself?

yesss :smile: but if i choose to think in arabic i have to make a concious effort, whereas thinking in english is automatic. i also speak a little spanish so sometimes that comes to mind. its good knowing a lot of languages because sometimes i say any random word in english like apple and it doesnt seem real so i say it to myself in arabic and spanish and then i feel okay again:')
Reply 15
parsletongue
My first language is Tamil. I'm fluent in English and Tamil but I'm also trying to learn/have learned a little bit of in the past of a few other languages :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by niv1234
My first language is Tamil. I'm fluent in English and Tamil but I'm also trying to learn/have learned a little bit of in the past of a few other languages :smile:

It depends what I'm doing. If I'm speaking to/around English speaking people my brain would be in 'English mode' and its the same for Tamil. But I think I spend more time doing/thinking stuff in English because of school and general life. It's really complicated.
Reply 19
Original post by niv1234
It depends what I'm doing. If I'm speaking to/around English speaking people my brain would be in 'English mode' and its the same for Tamil. But I think I spend more time doing/thinking stuff in English because of school and general life. It's really complicated.

Can you think in Tamil?

Quick Reply

Latest