The Student Room Group

OCR Geology A2: Morphology of Fossils

What a large topic! How does everyone else get around learning the different fossils and their parts. I find that notes can only go so far... Would love to hear how the other geologists learn this stuff
Original post by Lukazztic
What a large topic! How does everyone else get around learning the different fossils and their parts. I find that notes can only go so far... Would love to hear how the other geologists learn this stuff

Hey Lukazztic,

I also did OCR A Level Geology in sixth form, and I've uploaded my notes here on TSR in the Geography and earth sciences study help forum, in case you haven't seen them. I found that learning the functions of each part of the fossil helped me to remember them better, and diagrams are definitely useful for learning the morphologies too, especially if you get a blank version and then try to label the features yourself from memory :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Hey Lukazztic,

I also did OCR A Level Geology in sixth form, and I've uploaded my notes here on TSR in the Geography and earth sciences study help forum, in case you haven't seen them. I found that learning the functions of each part of the fossil helped me to remember them better, and diagrams are definitely useful for learning the morphologies too, especially if you get a blank version and then try to label the features yourself from memory :smile:

Yes I've seen your notes! I forgot to mention on that thread how useful they were, so thanks! Just getting a feel for them all really... But thanks for that, will get there eventually. Will have to message you at some point, I've got some more questions but I'll leave it for now - but thank you!
Original post by Lukazztic
Yes I've seen your notes! I forgot to mention on that thread how useful they were, so thanks! Just getting a feel for them all really... But thanks for that, will get there eventually. Will have to message you at some point, I've got some more questions but I'll leave it for now - but thank you!

Awesome, I'm glad you found them useful! I shall look forward to your questions :h:

Quick Reply

Latest