The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

Im doing an NEA for my geography A-Level and I need to do something related to coasts but I also want to encorperate paleontology and fossilisation into that but im not sure how I would do that. any help would be great or examples for a title
Original post by FaZe_Oogway
Im doing an NEA for my geography A-Level and I need to do something related to coasts but I also want to encorperate paleontology and fossilisation into that but im not sure how I would do that. any help would be great or examples for a title

Sounds like an interesting idea! Here are some potential ideas that could work:

"The Fossil Record of Coastal Erosion: A Study of Fossil Preservation on Cliffs and Beaches": This project could explore how fossils are formed and preserved in coastal environments and how they can inform our understanding of geological and environmental changes over time.

"The Impact of Sea Level Rise on Fossil Preservation and Coastal Erosion": This project could investigate how rising sea levels are affecting the preservation of fossils on coasts, and what this means for our understanding of paleoclimate and coastal ecosystems.

"The Geology of Coastal Fossil Sites: A Comparative Study": This project could compare the geological features and processes of different coastal sites that are rich in fossils, to identify common factors that contribute to their preservation and how these may be affected by coastal erosion.

"The Importance of Coastal Fossil Sites for Conservation and Education": This project could explore how coastal fossil sites can be used to educate the public about paleontology, geology, and environmental science, as well as the potential for these sites to be protected as important ecological and cultural resources.

These are just a few examples, but there are many other directions you could take this topic. I would suggest discussing your ideas with your teacher to get their feedback and guidance on how to develop your research question and methodology. Good luck with your NEA!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending