The Student Room Group

LSE is the most prestigious University in the UK

.....bar Oxbridge.
Yeah, I was going to say don't say that, because the Oxbridge diehards will make your life a misery.
I wouldn't say that the claim is true. Though in the capital the university is ranked quite low in the Guardian league tables at 12th. Additionally, universities such as Warwick and Bath have exceeded the LSE at subjects such as Economics with Warwick falling short of Oxford and Cambridge at 3rd. Therefore, I wouldn't say it is the most prestigious.

What makes it soo attractive to a student in my opinion (as a student who will apply to the LSE) is the international outreach and connections with the City. It has traditionally been linked with the city and will not loose that link in the near future.

In terms of ranking, it is relatively low compared to its reputation and entry requirements. That's is the most concerning factor for a student like me looking to apply later this year.
Reply 3
Original post by iamhasana
I wouldn't say that the claim is true. Though in the capital the university is ranked quite low in the Guardian league tables at 12th. Additionally, universities such as Warwick and Bath have exceeded the LSE at subjects such as Economics with Warwick falling short of Oxford and Cambridge at 3rd. Therefore, I wouldn't say it is the most prestigious.

What makes it soo attractive to a student in my opinion (as a student who will apply to the LSE) is the international outreach and connections with the City. It has traditionally been linked with the city and will not loose that link in the near future.

In terms of ranking, it is relatively low compared to its reputation and entry requirements. That's is the most concerning factor for a student like me looking to apply later this year.

Reply 4
Can't believe we're going through this argument again. London Metropolitan is the most prestigious university out there.
Original post by iamhasana

Ugh....the Warwick students ALWAYS make a show.

The Guardian tables are BS that rely on student satisfaction. They mean nothing.

I know it was a joke, but I typed a reply thinking it will help someone who might think of this question in the future which would be expected due to extortionate entry requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending