This poll is closed

How did you find this exam?

Amazing! :woo: 20%
Good :H 33%
Okay... :indiff: 13%
Bad :sad: 20%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@13%
Total votes: 15
Ok I couldn't find a thread for this exam so I decided to create one. We can discuss questions and share resources.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Reshyna
Ok I couldn't find a thread for this exam so I decided to create one. We can discuss questions and share resources.

Spoiler

Hey :smile: You may want to have a browse around the Chemistry exams forum also, incase someone else has posted about this same exam you are taking, but I've moved this thread into that forum so you get more replies hopefully :smile: good luck with your exam
Reply 3
Original post by James A
Hey :smile: You may want to have a browse around the Chemistry exams forum also, incase someone else has posted about this same exam you are taking, but I've moved this thread into that forum so you get more replies hopefully :smile: good luck with your exam

Thanx!
Reply 4
Which molecules will absorb IR radiation and what causes them to absorb IR radiation?

Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitric oxide, Nitrogen dioxide, Nitrogen, Oxygen
Any help will be appreciated.
Original post by Reshyna
Which molecules will absorb IR radiation and what causes them to absorb IR radiation?

Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitric oxide, Nitrogen dioxide, Nitrogen, Oxygen
Any help will be appreciated.

I think they all absorb IR radiation except for Nitrogen and Oxygen. This is because the others have polar bonds (I'm not entirely sure). But I know for a fact that compounds of the same element don't absorb IR radiation.

Thank you for making this thread I couldn't find any threads to do with unit 2 chem. How is revision going?

Edit: I just noticed you're setting the exam in june.. I'm setting mine in jan which is after tomorrow!
Reply 6
Original post by LaylaM99
I think they all absorb IR radiation except for Nitrogen and Oxygen. This is because the others have polar bonds (I'm not entirely sure). But I know for a fact that compounds of the same element don't absorb IR radiation.

Thank you for making this thread I couldn't find any threads to do with unit 2 chem. How is revision going?

Edit: I just noticed you're setting the exam in june.. I'm setting mine in jan which is after tomorrow!

Thank you so much for your help Layla.

Best of luck for your exams btw :thumbsup:
Original post by Reshyna
Thank you so much for your help Layla.

Best of luck for your exams btw :thumbsup:

Anytime ! And thank you ! :heart:
Reply 8
This is really urgent. Please, anyone help me with this doubt
How can iodine bond with 3 oxygen atoms in Iodine pentoxide?
What is the maximum number of bonds iodine can form?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reshyna
This is really urgent. Please, anyone help me with this doubt
How can iodine bond with 3 oxygen atoms in Iodine pentoxide?
What is the maximum number of bonds iodine can form?

Just woken up, think about how many electrons it has to bond covalently
what is a covalent bond?
Remember you can also have dative covalent too.

Sorry I will be a while
Reply 10
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Just woken up, think about how many electrons it has to bond covalently
what is a covalent bond?
Remember you can also have dative covalent too.

Sorry I will be a while

It's ok cheese.
I'll try to understand that question. but thanks for giving me an idea.
Reply 11
Hey guys
I thought this could be useful to you:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=70103720#post70103720

This is about bond angles
And thanks to @LaurenLovesMaths for answering
And also thanks to @agenttux, for asking the question.
Reply 12
I have a doubt. Plz anyone, help me with this:
Is chloric acid a molecular or ionic compound?
Original post by Reshyna
I have a doubt. Plz anyone, help me with this:
Is chloric acid a molecular or ionic compound?

Should be an ionic compound because its non-common name is Hydrogen Chlorate, compounds ending with -ate are polyatomic so they should be ionic compounds. But it's an acid so should be classified as such tbh.

This is from what I remember though so I hope I am right :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by wolfmoon88
Should be an ionic compound because its non-common name is Hydrogen Chlorate, compounds ending with -ate are polyatomic so they should be ionic compounds. But it's an acid so should be classified as such tbh.

This is from what I remember though so I hope I am right :/

I was watching a past paper work through, and in that, he drew the dot-and-cross diagram similar to that of an ionic compound. That's y I got a doubt.
Thanks for helping me, wolfy :hugs:
Original post by Reshyna
I was watching a past paper work through, and in that, he drew the dot-and-cross diagram similar to that of an ionic compound. That's y I got a doubt.
Thanks for helping me, wolfy :hugs:

:hugs: np! :smile: good luck with your studying!
Reply 16
Does anyone know how can we know whether a compound is having a dative covalent bond or just a covalent bond from its molecular structure?
Reply 17
Is everyone prepared for the exam?
The exam's coming up in 11 days, so hope you guys prepare well, and get good results!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Reshyna
The exam's coming up in 11 days, so hope you guys prepare well, and get good results!

thats nice.. i am not doing chem unit 2
Original post by Reshyna

I'm not sitting this paper, but good luck ya'll !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending