The Student Room Group

BREXIT was based on Racism

Now that May is banning the immigration the true meaning of BREXIT is revealed.

(1) Racism against the Muslim refugees and Syrians fleeing the war (BREXIT will not stop this? but the LEAVE voters think it will happen)

(2) Racisms against the Eastern Europeans etc. like people like me from Poland who benefit your economy. A Brit will not do a job as good as a Pole such as cleaning toilets, but apparently we takes the jobs.

LONDON is the best city in UK and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?

Scroll to see replies

It's not banning immigration.
Original post by ILoveVoe
LONDON is the best city in UK

Wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by memesherrif101
It's not banning immigration.

Then how is it changed?

Original post by Willy Pete
Wrong.

Lmao. Please nominate
Lmao. Please nominate

Edinburgh is much nicer.
So its the blonde bimbo persona troll this time, good one I guess.
I don't think it was racism so much as nativism. Sure, sometimes that materialises as racism, but that's just one aspect.
Reply 7
Original post by anarchism101
I don't think it was racism so much as nativism. Sure, sometimes that materialises as racism, but that's just one aspect.

Most nativists (e.g. EDL) are racist, though
Most nativists (e.g. EDL) are racist, though

I'm not disagreeing, but I think racism is merely a manifestation, rather than the core.
Reply 9
London is over populated, filled with poverty, polluted, filled with crime so it's far from the best city unless you're a banker. Many people in London are immigrants or young students hence their acceptance of open immigration.

Be clear about this, no one campaigned against immigration people campaigned against open immigration. We don't want invisible borders, we don't want to take people in because they can just cross a channel and suddenly it's their right, we don't want people who move here for the sake of abusing the system. We want people who are educated and willing to commit, we want to ensure safety, we want to protect our system. Freedom of movement was never designed to benefit the UK, it was designed to benefit Germany and later went on to benefit the eastern block. Yes we will take in immigrants but they should be subject to British laws when being able to enter/move here.

I wish people would stop saying this is far right, it's racism, blah blah. Sadly we need boarders, there's nothing wrong with enforcing them, effective boarders would lead to less racism in my opinion. There comes a point where you think, this policy isn't helping our system. I have nothing against immigration but it should not be in the 100,000's per year. There will be no mass deportation, there will be no ban on immigration it will simply be a controlled number so we can cope.
(edited 7 years ago)

(1) Racism against the Muslim refugees and Syrians fleeing the war (BREXIT will not stop this? but the LEAVE voters think it will happen)

(2) Racisms against the Eastern Europeans etc. like people like me from Poland who benefit your economy. A Brit will not do a job as good as a Pole such as cleaning toilets, but apparently we takes the jobs.

LONDON is the best city in UK and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?

What do you mean the true meaning it was one of the main aspects of the debate also we don't need more cleaners and Polish people are the same race as most British people
Reply 11
2/10. Good title but avatar gave it away

Mmmm ok. If thats your view (its wrong), then I guess youd better hope the negotiations go well or people will start being asked to leave. Meanwhile in the real world.....
Reply 13
Glasgow's always been **** hasnt it? One of poorest cities in UK?
''LONDON is the best city in UK and most Londoners voted IN. They have had most immigrants in UK, Muslim, Poles, Russian. So what does that tell u about immigration?''
40-50% of London is white/British. So of course they voted in because the vast majority of those who are not white will have voted in because they want more people from their nationality. I've seen that being thrown about but the reality is... what do you expect when 50% are not white or share much British heritage?

Now I voted remain... but that point is not relevant to the argument. I think the only negative of immigration is when people don't integrate... and when immigration happens in large quantities it comes with negative social impacts.
(edited 7 years ago)

muslism aren't a race*
are malaysians the same race as arabs?
are pakistanis the same race as somalis?
etc
no racial discrimination. just a stereotypical generalisation, from you.

polish isn't a race. they're white.
"a brit will not do a job as good as a pole" oh ffs if YOU think that discrimination against poles as taking jobs is racist, HOW THE **** is it not racist to say that british people are bad at doing those kinds of jobs?! how is that not racism against BRITS? :|

that the UK is more than just london and people outside of it don't necessarily want endless amounts of immigration, regardless of race?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Lol it's obviously a troll, why do you even bother replying people.........
I always find it troubling that people have such a low opinion of those of us who voted a different way. I didn't vote based on racism at all. It was almost the opposite. My friends from outside the EU were sent home after Uni because of the harsh non-eu restrictions and I feel it should be an even playing field, even more so considering they have 1st/2nd class degrees from our own universities.

I also dislike the fact we can't change our own rules in regards to things like tax (tampon tax had to go through the EU... why?).

Judging by your first post I'm sure you will still see me as a racist but to be honest I've given up trying to convince people like you, You're as bad as the far right are.
Original post by zayn008
London is over populated, filled with poverty, polluted, filled with crime so it's far from the best city unless you're a banker. Many people in London are immigrants or young students hence their acceptance of open immigration.

Be clear about this, no one campaigned against immigration people campaigned against open immigration. We don't want invisible borders, we don't want to take people in because they can just cross a channel and suddenly it's their right, we don't want people who move here for the sake of abusing the system. We want people who are educated and willing to commit, we want to ensure safety, we want to protect our system. Freedom of movement was never designed to benefit the UK, it was designed to benefit Germany and later went on to benefit the eastern block. Yes we will take in immigrants but they should be subject to British laws when being able to enter/move here.

I wish people would stop saying this is far right, it's racism, blah blah. Sadly we need boarders, there's nothing wrong with enforcing them, effective boarders would lead to less racism in my opinion. There comes a point where you think, this policy isn't helping our system. I have nothing against immigration but it should not be in the 100,000's per year. There will be no mass deportation, there will be no ban on immigration it will simply be a controlled number so we can cope.

Why don't we do a Robert Mugabe, you do know what he did right??

Brexit was a huge multi-based issue and I cringe every time someone attempts to water it down to a single issue. The open border policy was disastrous as you can see from the terrible statistics coming our from government sources, and elsewhere. Most statistics show that 60-80% of immigrants aren't in fact refugee's at all but instead economic migrants coming to enjoy the welfare states of the UK, Germany and France, and the crime statistics are horrendous. Shouldn't a country act within its self interest? What is the issue with that. I'm sure you would be angry if we abused other countries through trade deals and illogical policy's. Which is exactly what the European Union is doing to us.

In one of May's recent speech's about Brexit she actually outlined good defenses of the UK economy and ways in which our countries could give a huge backlash to Germany and France's economies, further helped by Donald Trump's recent statement of a "good" trade deal with the UK. (Whatever that means, but I suppose it's better than a "bad" trade deal," and yeah, off topic but eh)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending