The Student Room Group

Question regarding Master's tuition fees loan

Hello,

I am finishing my second year of university and I started looking for master's degrees to study for when I complete my bachelor's degree.

I am an EU pre-settled student and currently get my tuition fees paid through the SLC loan as a home student since I arrived before Brexit.

My question is will I be eligible to get a loan for masters and if so how do I find out the amount I would be able to get as a loan? I am asking about tuition fees which I believe will be around £13,000.

Thank you!
Original post by blueboss777
Hello,

I am finishing my second year of university and I started looking for master's degrees to study for when I complete my bachelor's degree.

I am an EU pre-settled student and currently get my tuition fees paid through the SLC loan as a home student since I arrived before Brexit.

My question is will I be eligible to get a loan for masters and if so how do I find out the amount I would be able to get as a loan? I am asking about tuition fees which I believe will be around £13,000.

Thank you!

Hi there,

When are you looking to start the Masters Degree? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

When are you looking to start the Masters Degree? Thanks, Jason

Hello

Thank you for the reply

I would start it once I finish my bachelor so it would be around September 2024
Original post by blueboss777
Hello

Thank you for the reply

I would start it once I finish my bachelor so it would be around September 2024

Hi there,

Thank you, based on what you've said you'll be eligible for the Masters Loan. You can find out more about this here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan

In the current 23/24 year the amount you'll be entitled to is £12,167. We don't yet have the figures for 24/25 but the amount will likely be similar.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending