The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Primary Education - Brighton University. Anyones first choice? 2017 entry.

Just wondered if there was anyone who has had an offer from University of Brighton and considering them as their first choice? :wink:
Reply 1
I have my interview on the 26th of this month! Currently my second choice though😊
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mdc31
I have my interview on the 26th of this month! Currently my second choice though😊

I've had my interview and your made to feel comfortable throughout the day, any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by ChloMarieee
I've had my interview and your made to feel comfortable throughout the day, any questions feel free to ask :smile:

I have my interview on the 25th! Could you tell me what you had to do, especially for the group task?! I'm really nervous:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by gabbyslater
I have my interview on the 25th! Could you tell me what you had to do, especially for the group task?! I'm really nervous:s-smilie:

I've got mine the day after you, but I've been told by several people the group task is about how children learn and you have to discuss it. :smile:
Original post by mdc31
I've got mine the day after you, but I've been told by several people the group task is about how children learn and you have to discuss it. :smile:

Okay thank you! I'll try and remember to let you know how it goes after I've done it!
Reply 6
Okay thank you! I'll try and remember to let you know how it goes after I've done it!

Thank you, you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by mdc31
Thank you, you'll be fine :smile:

Sorry I'm only just getting back to you! You won't be doing much in the morning, just the written task where you will be writing about your experiences in response to an article. This afternoon you'll do a group task where you will discuss some statements about how children learn and then you'll have a paired interview.
Everyone is really nice so I'm sure you'll be fine! Good Luck!!
Reply 8
Sorry I'm only just getting back to you! You won't be doing much in the morning, just the written task where you will be writing about your experiences in response to an article. This afternoon you'll do a group task where you will discuss some statements about how children learn and then you'll have a paired interview.
Everyone is really nice so I'm sure you'll be fine! Good Luck!!

Hello gabby,

I have my interview on Feb 2. I thought in the group task, we have to make a 5 min presentation, then we will do our individual interviews. I'm applying to Secondary Mathematics. What subject did u apply to? Can you tell us any questions u were asked in ur individual interview? Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by samo82
Hello gabby,

I have my interview on Feb 2. I thought in the group task, we have to make a 5 min presentation, then we will do our individual interviews. I'm applying to Secondary Mathematics. What subject did u apply to? Can you tell us any questions u were asked in ur individual interview? Thanks for the help :smile:

You are mostly asked about your personal statement and why you want to be a teacher. Atleast I was in my interviews :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by mdc31
You are mostly asked about your personal statement and why you want to be a teacher. Atleast I was in my interviews :smile:

If it's about my personal statement, then that would be a lot relieving. I've done plenty of things in my life which I included into my statement. What about the 5 min presentation? THanks :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by samo82
If it's about my personal statement, then that would be a lot relieving. I've done plenty of things in my life which I included into my statement. What about the 5 min presentation? THanks :biggrin:

Well I think the presentation is just the group discussion. But we're all doing primary not secondary so could be different for you!
Reply 12
Original post by mdc31
Well I think the presentation is just the group discussion. But we're all doing primary not secondary so could be different for you!

Thanks for the info ... it still helps to expect what I might face :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending