The Student Room Group

Any good universities to study Economics in London

Im either going to study Computer science or Economics during university but want to stay in London.

Im studying Maths, Economics and Geography
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LSE and UCL are the best in london.

For compsci UCL are good as well as Imperial
Original post by adnanuddin233
Im either going to study Computer science or Economics during university but want to stay in London.

Yeah, typing 'London economics degree' into Google is really hard isn't it? LSE, UCL and KCL all offer economics, and the latter two offer computer science. How can you claim to live in London, be remotely interested in economics and have never heard of the London School of Economics?
Original post by Glassapple
Yeah, typing 'London economics degree' into Google is really hard isn't it? LSE, UCL and KCL all offer economics, and the latter two offer computer science. How can you claim to live in London, be remotely interested in economics and have never heard of the London School of Economics?

What if my grades are AAB

Then no. Why on earth would they take someone with those grades when they will literally have thousands of applicants who one, meet the minimum requirements, and two have thousands of applicants who exceed them?

They wouldn't; we're talking about the best universities in the country, they can afford to be extroidinarily picky about who they take; you don't meet the bare minimum they ask for to study with them. Thousands of people are going to be rejected with grades of A*A*A*.
Then no. Why on earth would they take someone with those grades when they will literally have thousands of applicants who one, meet the minimum requirements, and two have thousands of applicants who exceed them?

They wouldn't; we're talking about the best universities in the country, they can afford to be extroidinarily picky about who they take; you don't meet the bare minimum they ask for to study with them. Thousands of people are going to be rejected with grades of A*A*A*.

What university will take me
Reply 6

Don't be so condescending, it's unnecessary and rude.

Why dont you go back to buying manwhores

Do your own research; you don't get into university by getting someone else to do it for you. Look at the admissions pages for universities in London, see if they offer economics or computer science, and look at the required grades.

Original post by sinatraa
Don't be so condescending, it's unnecessary and rude. Why dont you go back to buying manwhores

Everything I've said is completely obvious to anybody who is studying anything. Competition for university places has never been so fierce, top universities are not going to take people who don't meet the bare minimum requirements they publish. Anyone capable of getting into university is capable of using UCAS search and Google, and should know how tough it is to get a place at a top institution.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8

For top unis in london that isnt good enough im afraid. However there are still good unis outside of london that accept those grades

So are you on a gap year applying for 2018 entry?
Original post by Cherub012
So are you on a gap year applying for 2018 entry?

Im in year 12
Im in year 12

So you don't have AAB grades. Dude just visit the open days anyways and try your best to ace your exams this year and the next.
Reply 12

Tons of people get into Kings after missing their grade requirements fyi.
So you don't have AAB grades. Dude just visit the open days anyways and try your best to ace your exams this year and the next.

Thanks the other guy was a dickhead
Original post by Yaboi
Tons of people get into Kings after missing their grade requirements fyi.

You know what I was trying to say. I was talking more about LSE and UCL, but even KCL are not going to give offers to people who don't meet the predicted requirements. Missing grades and being predicted them in the first place is a whole different thing, and of course KCL is going to be more lenient than UCL. LSE and UCL are not going to give places on competitive courses to people who aren't predicted the grades in the first place, or miss them.
(edited 7 years ago)
LSE and UCL are the best for economics in London

Everything I've said is completely obvious to anybody who is studying anything. Competition for university places has never been so fierce, top universities are not going to take people who don't meet the bare minimum requirements they publish. Anyone capable of getting into university is capable of using UCAS search and Google, and should know how tough it is to get a place at a top institution.

Listen here rich boy, he's in year 12 so instead of putting him down you should be encouraging him to work hard and do well instead of saying he's got no hope.
Thanks the other guy was a dickhead

Mood swings are actually common in early signs of Alzheimer's.

savage

Dont worry it wasnt to you it was to someone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending