The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS Or Northeastern University London

Hi,

I have a conditional offer from both Northeastern University London & SOAS for the course of Economics - usually I would put SOAS as my firm choice, but I don't seem to know much about Northeastern London so any ideas about what i should take into consideration before I make my choice?
The former New College for Humanities, now known as Northeastern University, London, is a private university - and so you may not be entitled to full student finance when studying there. It was also made as some kind of bizarre self-indulgent act of a would-be "public intellectual" and never really took off.

Personally I'd steer clear, but that's just me...
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Hey,

Congratulations on the offers! There are a few general things I recommend doing to figure out which uni is the best for you

Go to open days and campus tours
Both the universities will advertise open days or even applicant days where you can get a feel of the campus, ask current students and lecturers questions and go to some taster lectures. SOAS has an open day on the 10th. If you can't attend, you can sign up for the OnDemand open day, this will give you instant access to taster lectures from all of the departments at SOAS.

Which course suits you best
Have a look at the module options! On the course information page for each uni you should be able to see exactly what modules you would take during your degree and a short description of what they entail! SOAS also has a blog and they have quite a few posts on Economics at SOAS you might like to check out this Blog post: 'Why I chose to study economics at SOAS'

Good Luck with all your decisions and let me know if you have any other questions!
-Monica (MA Social Anthropology at SOAS)
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
The former New College for Humanities, now known as Northeastern University, London, is a private university - and so you may not be entitled to full student finance when studying there. It was also made as some kind of bizarre self-indulgent act of a would-be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending