The Student Room Group

Edexcel Govt and Politics Unit 1 and 2

Can anyone help me out on where can I find good recent and relevant examples for both papers as I'll be giving my AS in june. Furthermore, any essential tips on getting an A? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Tips for getting an A:

- Up to date examples. Whether they be from the news or PMQs, BBC, etc
- Work on essay timing. This is essential if you wanted to get a good mark
- Practice writing concise, to the point answers.
Original post by Airmed
Tips for getting an A:

100% agree, these are almost golden rules; especially timing.

In my mock, I knew the content inside out with great examples but I fell almost 30 minutes short because I was unable to make my answers concise enough
Reply 3
Original post by Chaz W
100% agree, these are almost golden rules; especially timing.

In my mock, I knew the content inside out with great examples but I fell almost 30 minutes short because I was unable to make my answers concise enough

The trick is to really narrow it down. You might have 10 examples, but not all 10 need to be written. :yep: It is all about practice, however. I managed to cut my timing down so that I had time to spare in my exam,
Original post by Airmed
The trick is to really narrow it down. You might have 10 examples, but not all 10 need to be written. :yep: It is all about practice, however. I managed to cut my timing down so that I had time to spare in my exam,

Spare time in a G&P exam; now that's something I could get used to :laugh:
Reply 5
Original post by Chaz W
Spare time in a G&P exam; now that's something I could get used to :laugh:

I did CCEA, a N.I board. In 2 of my exams, I had 30 minutes to spare. I ended up with 2 off an A*.
Original post by Airmed
I did CCEA, a N.I board. In 2 of my exams, I had 30 minutes to spare. I ended up with 2 off an A*.

Oh bloody hell, nice job - but that's gotta be frustrating when it comes to the A*
Reply 7
Original post by Chaz W
Oh bloody hell, nice job - but that's gotta be frustrating when it comes to the A*

That and my 2 off an A* in Religion still piss me off to this day, and it's been near 2 years since I got my results :rofl:
Original post by Airmed
That and my 2 off an A* in Religion still piss me off to this day, and it's been near 2 years since I got my results :rofl:

Lol just goes to show how much difference a few marks make, still amazing results :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Chaz W
Lol just goes to show how much difference a few marks make, still amazing results :h:

Thanks :h: It's ok, though, I read Politics at uni, and it's the same techniques, timing, sources and practice!
Original post by Airmed
Thanks :h: It's ok, though, I read Politics at uni, and it's the same techniques, timing, sources and practice!

Nice - and it's good to hear something you learnt during A-levels actually carried over and applies to you further! Thanks for the advice :h:
Original post by Airmed

how would you answer the various marker questions for edexcel politics?
Reply 12
Original post by Audrey18
how would you answer the various marker questions for edexcel politics?

Sorry, I didn't do edexcel. But if you could tell me which each question is worth, I can help!
Original post by Airmed
Tips for getting an A:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by chaz w
spare time in a g&p exam; now that's something i could get used to :laugh:

hahahaha, same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending