The Student Room Group

If you don't shop at aldi or lidl, why?

Scroll to see replies

ain't got any near my house
Reply 41
Original post by Joshale
I have the money, probably more than you but I don't like wasting it on things that are hell lot cheaper. Chavs lol, only if you're in a rundown area, as my aldi carpark is starting to be full of luxurious cars, but if you like to be ignorant then sure:smile:

LOL 😂😂
Shop at Asdas. Normally get Asdas own brand, smart price. Hence, quite cheap and taste good.
Aldi has too long queues and it's really cramped, the till staffage is also an issue.
Original post by retro_turtles
There was a TV show exposing Aldi a few months back. Plus i hate aldi in general, some of their produce isn't up to scratch. A friend of mine found a dead wasp in their peas.

Fo you know what the show was called? I really want to see it. Someone else told me about it but I fail to remember who
Aldis supermarket secrets I think
Because there is several Tesco stores near me lol, I do shop in Lidl occasionally but they don't have everything I need and require.
Aldis supermarket secrets I think

??? Exposing them for what?

I'm gonna check it out
Original post by hezzlington
??? Exposing them for what?

I'm gonna check it out

It wasn't really that deep but they exposed how they sellout of date produce and chuck food everywhere etc
There's tesco literally everywhere and that sucks! I have 4 tesco's that are 2-5 minutes away from me. Aldi is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssst. Cheap and good quality.
Because TESCO is less than a 15 minute walk away and lidl/aldi are more than a 15 minute drive away... And I don't have a car.
Because Tesco is across the road.
Reply 51
There is isn't one close to me, I can't always get what I want in them, I don't like them, and I spend £20-25 max a week shopping at Asda.
It worries me that they're so cheap, esp on things like meat! They're either doing a bad turn with the farmers, and not paying what they deserve, or they're putting something in the meat to make it stretch....I prefer to pay more and know that it's real meat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraxh
I shop at Tesco and Sainsbury's because there's hardly any Lidl's/Aldis near me.

Unlucky LIDL is amazing
I shop in a bunch of different shops as I'm lucky enough to have a lot of variety of shops at a convenient distance to me.

I think fresh produce quality really depends on store to store as opposed to the chain as whole though. I often hear a lot of people say aldi or lidl sell rotten fruit and veg, something I have never experienced. Whereas twice in this past week I have found rotten veg in my two nearest Tescos, it's just poor stock rotation.
The nearest one is too far away. Otherwise I'd be all over it.
tesco is closer and there's several of em around
It wasn't really that deep but they exposed how they sellout of date produce and chuck food everywhere etc

I got some old chicken breast once. Should I sue?
Original post by 0to100
I got some old chicken breast once. Should I sue?

No point. They just apologise and do **** all.
I've been in a Lidl once. I found it an entirely and thoroughly depressing experience. Things not unpacked. Grim lighting. People shuffling around looking like they'd been sleeping rough, counting out pennies to see if they could afford a tin of dog food masquerading as meat fit for human consumption. It seemed exactly as I thought it would be - and I was surprised at how cheap and nasty it was, given the amount of advertising they do to make it look all shiny and nice.

I just found it a horrible place to be. I also thought the quality dubious, and particularly of the 'fresh' produce, which frankly looked crap.

Quick Reply

Latest