The Student Room Group

Surprise surprise, identity of Quebec shooter revealed!

Scroll to see replies

Actually it is a big surprise, usually the major terror attacks in the past few years have been done by Islamic terrorists.
Original post by Bornblue
Oh ffs.

Every time a white guy commits an act of terror the response is 'he's mentally ill'.

Clearly these people were targeted for being Muslim. It's an undisputed act of terrorism.

Personally I believe the killer in this latest terror attack to be an evil ****, whatever his motivation.

You are unaware of the media claiming "mental illness" to be the motivation behind many Muslim acts of terror.

Seriously, have you recently emerged from a coma?

Here, let me help you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36801763

It has emerged that he had a history of violence and mental instability.

Thats the BBC attempting to blame mental illness for the Nice lorry attack.

Many other examples out there, why not leave the bubble and find some more?
(edited 7 years ago)
The Left waking up to the awful reality of terrorism could have implications for the Labour party.

Will Corbyn be forced to renounce his friendship with Hamas?

Disavow his support for the IRA?

Refuse donations from Iranian businessmen linked to Islamic extremism?

In the light of recent events, would any of the forums SJWs like to take this opportunity to condemn Corbyn's links to terrorism?

As if.
Double post.

Deleted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NickLCFC
This branch of terrorism has now become much more prolific than so-called "Islamic" terrorism.

[Citation needed]
Original post by Mistletoe
I hope WW3 doesn't start.

Kind of already has in many ways

I'm not sure why that's ironic? Most of this forum seems to be left wing liberal SJWs

Posted from TSR Mobile
nutters + firearms = tragedy

the only part of this equation which can be tackled rigorously is the firearms, which we do successfully in this country.
Original post by joe cooley
Personally I believe the killer in this latest terror attack to be an evil ****, whatever his motivation.

You are unaware of the media claiming "mental illness" to be the motivation behind many Muslim acts of terror.

Seriously, have you recently emerged from a coma?

Here, let me help you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36801763

It has emerged that he had a history of violence and mental instability.

Thats the BBC attempting to blame mental illness for the Nice lorry attack.

Many other examples out there, why not leave the bubble and find some more?

The same was true of the Florida nightclub terror attacks.

At what point do we acknowledge that anyone prepared to mass murder for the sake of a deity/other is clearly mentally ill anyway, and by definition all terrorists are raving nutjobs?
So why isn't this classed as terrorism?
Original post by Len Goodman
I don't see why the liberal left are all over this yet remain silent when we suffer terrorist attacks at the hands of radical Islam.

Nah we speak up but yet you remain silent when we face terrorism at the hand of white supremacists who just as bad. If this guy had been a Muslim/ethnic minority,you'd be writing paragraphs about it.
Right wing is shook!
Where are all the white supremacists who are supposed to speak up and condemn this?
They needn't to apologise on behalf of this guy or speak up against it.
Nothing is more important right now than blaming this on Donald Trump.

Happened in Canada?

But Trudeau?

But guns?

Doesn't matter. We MUST blame this on Trump and create a paradigm in which white supremacist terrorism is the greatest threat humanity has ever known.

*EDIT* - oh yeh, and Brexit too.
Original post by StephenWond3rboy
So Trumpainity has killed more people on Canadian soil than Jihadis this century? I think we know which nationality to blanket ban.

A Canadian killing Canadians in Canada.

And you're blaming Trump.

Just how.
Reply 35
Liberal, europhile centrists don't commit mass shootings because they're terrified of guns. They'll smash car windows, burn property and smear themselves with human faeces though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Original post by Onde
That is not a very good comparison. White supremacists are extremists, and would probably condone such behaviour. With Islam, Muslims do need to condemn the actions of Muslims who commit atrocities, because their central text encourages terrorism.

We have laws against terrorism, so it can be taken as a given that most people are opposed against terrorism.

Oh so minorities are not exempt? But when it's white people it's okay? Why should Muslims be made to feel guilty if a person who happens to follow the same religion as them commit so a terrorist attack,why should they be made to apologise for the actions of a complete stranger. Be fair about it. This also extends to other minorities.

So your you're condoning this? Where are all the white leaders,particularly the alt-right?
This Is terrorism,plain and simple

#say no to terrorism
#say no to extremist white supremacy
Reply 37
Original post by Bornblue
Oh ffs.

Every time a white guy commits an act of terror the response is 'he's mentally ill'.

Clearly these people were targeted for being Muslim. It's an undisputed act of terrorism.

This might be difficult to comprehend (I understand many things are) but if you're killing a dick load of people for no reason you're already mentally unsound. It then becomes a question of what your pretext was.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
For me the thing that distinguishes an act of terrorism from an act of hatred is the lack of an organisation with clear aims behind the individual. When a Muslim terrorist strikes they are generally affiliated to Al Qaeda or ISIS (either directly or through an associated group) who have clear if horrible goals, which they are prepared to use violence against civilians to achieve. That's terrorism. Whether it's effective is another debate, but that is typically the reason for conducting the attack.
On the other hand, when a lone individual (of any colour or creed) decides to shoot people of another colour or creed simply because of that difference, without any expected outcome or goal beyond the injury or death of those he attacks, that's an act of hatred. It doesn't make it any better, but I think it does distinguish it from terrorism. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult to defend against lone wolf attacks (other than by limiting supply of guns, for example, to the general population) because there's almost no way of detecting the intentions of someone who doesn't communicate them to others.
I also find it slightly ironic when people say the media never portrays white people as terrorists. I grew up associating terrorism with white people thanks to Northern Ireland.
Original post by queen-bee
Oh so minorities are not exempt? But when it's white people it's okay? Why should Muslims be made to feel guilty if a person who happens to follow the same religion as them commit so a terrorist attack,why should they be made to apologise for the actions of a complete stranger. Be fair about it. This also extends to other minorities.

So your you're condoning this? Where are all the white leaders,particularly the alt-right?
This Is terrorism,plain and simple

#say no to terrorism
#say no to extremist white supremacy

You very clearly didn't read/understand what the post your quoting was saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending