The Student Room Group

Convera issues for tuition fees?

Convera just sent an email asking for some information after my dad tried to pay my fees for LSE, saying they identified it as a possible sanction-hit transaction?! My dad already successfully paid my accomodation fees through a bank transfer so I have no clue where Convera are getting this from. I had to send in a bunch of information to verify his identity and see if the payment has been sanctioned but has anyone else ever experienced this?? My country isn’t on the sanctions list but my dad has a long Arabic name so I’m assuming he was just flagged as a possible match to someone but? It feels weird and a bit targeted tbh
Hey, some one I know got a similar email because of the name issue. If his name is similar to a name on the Sanctions list, it's not surprising that they emailed.

Just provide them with all the required information and you should be good to go
I also got the same problem. I am not sure if they are asking for my information or my dad's information because my dad is the payer and the name they asked for information is a vague name of my last name and my dad's first name. Asked them via e-mail and they ignored my question.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I also got the same problem. I am not sure if they are asking for my information or my dad's information because my dad is the payer and the name they asked for information is a vague name of my last name and my dad's first name. Asked them via e-mail and they ignored my question.

Bit late but I was asked for the information of the person who was listed under the 'Remitter Name'- they wanted the last name, DOB, permanent address and his place of birth. I'm assuming they want your dad's information in this case, they did clear my payment about 2 days later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending