The Student Room Group

2018 igcse books

i am homeschooled and id like to give the igcse exam in 2018 in edexcel board. can someone tell me the name of the books for chemistry, biology and physics.
i recently heard that there is 1-9 grading so does the book change?
Original post by cieloceleste
i am homeschooled and id like to give the igcse exam in 2018 in edexcel board. can someone tell me the name of the books for chemistry, biology and physics.
i recently heard that there is 1-9 grading so does the book change?

If you are taking the exams in summer 2018 then you will not be doing the new 9-1 grading system for science subjects.

The Edexcel web site lists a number of books suitable for the existing 2011 specification if you click on the published resources tab of the relevant subject page. I'd recommend you invest in a student book rather than just a revision guide as you are teaching yourself (unless you have previously studied the subjects and just need to revise the material for the exams).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
If you are taking the exams in summer 2018 then you will not be doing the new 9-1 grading system.

The Edexcel web site lists a number of books suitable for the existing 2011 specification if you click on the published resources tab of the relevant subject page. I'd recommend you invest in a student book rather than just a revision guide as you are teaching yourself (unless you have previously studied the subjects and just need to revise the material for the exams).

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks
Original post by gdunne42
If you are taking the exams in summer 2018 then you will not be doing the new 9-1 grading system for science subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what if i do it in jan?

Quick Reply

Latest