The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover 2017 Degree Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

I've just had my assessment centre for Manufacturing Engineering with JLR - I applied in December and was invited in the second week in January. I think I was at one of the first sessions so I assume they're running them from now through to April/May!
Original post by Dan Of LA
I've just had my assessment centre for Manufacturing Engineering with JLR - I applied in December and was invited in the second week in January. I think I was at one of the first sessions so I assume they're running them from now through to April/May!

Ow ok , if u don't mind me asking how did u find then assessment Center? What was the assessment Center process like?
Original post by Muddasser_H
Ow ok , if u don't mind me asking how did u find then assessment Center? What was the assessment Center process like?

My experience was good - Everyone involved knew what they were doing (except for the poor woman tasked with giving the first powerpoint, who had to be helped to locate the arrow keys) and did their best to make us feel at ease.

There was a group exercise to start with, followed by a task prioritisation test, and finally a one-on-one interview with an experienced JLR manager.

They strongly stress the importance of the company's values throughout the day, so try to know them before you go in, although there are constant reminders of what they are during the exercises.

Best of luck! :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Dan Of LA
My experience was good - Everyone involved knew what they were doing (except for the poor woman tasked with giving the first powerpoint, who had to be helped to locate the arrow keys) and did their best to make us feel at ease.

There was a group exercise to start with, followed by a task prioritisation test, and finally a one-on-one interview with an experienced JLR manager.

They strongly stress the importance of the company's values throughout the day, so try to know them before you go in, although there are constant reminders of what they are during the exercises.

Best of luck! :smile:

Did they not have a practical assessment this year?
Reply 44
I have my assessment centre day tomorrow for a 12 month undergrad placement.
Anybody done the assessment centre phase yet? If so, how is it?
Got my assessment centre for the engineering degree on Monday(6th Feb) only booked it yesterday when I got my email as I was so excited and wanted to get it over and done with... I'm worried about what to wear though... Would a skirt be appropriate or should I wear smart trousers?
Original post by alicegoad
Got my assessment centre for the engineering degree on Monday(6th Feb) only booked it yesterday when I got my email as I was so excited and wanted to get it over and done with... I'm worried about what to wear though... Would a skirt be appropriate or should I wear smart trousers?

I think smart trousers would probably be best but it's up to you, just make sure you look smart. I've applied for the same apprenticeship (engineering degree apprenticeship) .Ive passed both tests and they still haven't got back to me yet. Did a staff member email you or did jlr email you and was the email in junk or normal inbox. I'm worried that I haven't made it through to the next stage lol .
Original post by Muddasser_H
I think smart trousers would probably be best but it's up to you, just make sure you look smart. I've applied for the same apprenticeship (engineering degree apprenticeship) .Ive passed both tests and they still haven't got back to me yet. Did a staff member email you or did jlr email you and was the email in junk or normal inbox. I'm worried that I haven't made it through to the next stage lol .

I think they'll probably take a little while to get back to people tbh, I did apply very early when the scheme for this year rolled out so I've been waiting a lil while for replies. It was JLR that emailed - same email they've used for all their emails previously and it was in my normal inbox, but I'd check your junk inbox just in case. Hopefully you hear soon though!!
Reply 48
Original post by alicegoad

Whichever you'll be most comfortable in. If you can look smart in a suit that has a skirt then there'll be no issue. You'll effectively be travelling room to room to have different types of seated interview, so wear what you will be most comfortable in, it will be a long day.
Reply 49
anyone heard back for the Accounting degree apprenticeship programme for AC date?
Reply 50
Original post by assword
anyone heard back for the Accounting degree apprenticeship programme for AC date?

I had mine on thursday... the guy from recruitment said there'd be one more day for finance in a couple weeks time?- But I can't be sure... I only had about a couple weeks' notice...
Original post by James1274
Has anyone who has applied for the engineering degree apprenticeship had an invitation to a test centre??

Yes I have. I've been invited to the assessment centre on Wednesday, really nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by may244
I had mine on thursday... the guy from recruitment said there'd be one more day for finance in a couple weeks time?- But I can't be sure... I only had about a couple weeks' notice...

did you get in?
also what did u get last year at AS?
Reply 53
Original post by mimehrban1
Yes I have. I've been invited to the assessment centre on Wednesday, really nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

for the finance degree apprenticeship?

i still have had no reply
Original post by abhura
for the finance degree apprenticeship?

i still have had no reply

No for the engineering degree apprenticeship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Who's got an interview for the degree engineering apprenticeship scheme tomorrow?
Original post by Ltodd98
Who's got an interview for the degree engineering apprenticeship scheme tomorrow?

I do! In Coventry? What time you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
I do! In Coventry? What time you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine starts at 7:45. What about you?

And yes in coventry :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ltodd98
Mine starts at 7:45. What about you?

And yes in coventry :smile:

Oh wow, that's early. I'm in at 11.15, so by the time you're done I'll be starting I reckon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Oh wow, that's early. I'm in at 11.15, so by the time you're done I'll be starting I reckon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, think mine finishes around 12:45. and do you know any more on the role other than its training for 6 years then you can put in a preference for what job you want?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending