The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover 2023 Assessment Centre

Hey Folks!

I have my AC on the 26th and I have to present on JLR's new reimagine strategy and answer questions as well as answer regular HR questions.
I was just wondering if anybody has done this and if they could help me by giving me some tips on questions they asked and the sort of presentation they would like to see.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Hi i wish I couldve helped, however I have my ac on the 1st of feb. Was wondering if you had any advice or tips on what went on and what kind of questions they asked?
Hi how was your AC experience. Will you please share me your experience or tips.
Hi, how was you AC and could you please share your experience or some tips

Original post by MalikTataki
Hey Folks!

I have my AC on the 26th and I have to present on JLR's new reimagine strategy and answer questions as well as answer regular HR questions.
I was just wondering if anybody has done this and if they could help me by giving me some tips on questions they asked and the sort of presentation they would like to see.

Thanks!
Hi how was your AC experience. Will you please share me your experience or tips.

Original post by sunilrxthore
Hi i wish I couldve helped, however I have my ac on the 1st of feb. Was wondering if you had any advice or tips on what went on and what kind of questions they asked?
Original post by Alex krish

The AC was a good experience, i applied for industrial operations: manufacturing and had my assessment interview on 30th Jan, i received my offer yesterday. We started with a presentation and after a 15-minute break, i had my presentation followed by questions. After another 15 minute break i had my motivational and behavioural interview.

The questions for the presentation were mainly about the presentation, how you prepared for it, what was the goal of the presentation. For the motivational and behavioural it was more on the yourself, the creator's code, and some stuff about the business.

My advice is to research the business and some competitors, look at what problems are facing the business (they asked about challenges for JLR), look in-depth at the creators code and jlr values as well as tata's values and try to have examples of showing those values especially those mentioned in the creators code.
Thank you so much
Even I have applied for graduate manufacturing engineer and my AC is on 8th of this month. I have few doubts about presentation and should we send our presentation to them a day before or should we share our screen and imp points to mention in the presentation

Original post by lxpheonixxl
The AC was a good experience, i applied for industrial operations: manufacturing and had my assessment interview on 30th Jan, i received my offer yesterday. We started with a presentation and after a 15-minute break, i had my presentation followed by questions. After another 15 minute break i had my motivational and behavioural interview.

The questions for the presentation were mainly about the presentation, how you prepared for it, what was the goal of the presentation. For the motivational and behavioural it was more on the yourself, the creator's code, and some stuff about the business.

My advice is to research the business and some competitors, look at what problems are facing the business (they asked about challenges for JLR), look in-depth at the creators code and jlr values as well as tata's values and try to have examples of showing those values especially those mentioned in the creators code.
Even I have applied for graduate manufacturing engineer and my AC is on 8th of this month. I have few doubts about presentation and should we send our presentation to them a day before or should we share our screen and imp points to mention in the presentation

I just shared my screen on Microsoft teams.

My presentation was 4 slides, first just my name and degree where spent 30 seconds introducing myself, my degree and what the presentation was going to be about. I covered 3 areas which were the other slides - reimagine strategy, Challanges for jlr, and my contribution. In my contribution section I talked about why I was interested in working for jlr and my interests in regimagine, then some of my experience such as in projects from uni, personal skills like communication, then my impact at jaguar. I finished with a general conclusion about why I would fit the position, from previous experience, education, skills I've developed and what I hope to achieve in the future for the last 30 seconds.
Was the interview more based on business and customers or about our skills?

My presentation was 4 slides, first just my name and degree where spent 30 seconds introducing myself, my degree and what the presentation was going to be about. I covered 3 areas which were the other slides - reimagine strategy, Challanges for jlr, and my contribution. In my contribution section I talked about why I was interested in working for jlr and my interests in regimagine, then some of my experience such as in projects from uni, personal skills like communication, then my impact at jaguar. I finished with a general conclusion about why I would fit the position, from previous experience, education, skills I've developed and what I hope to achieve in the future for the last 30 seconds.
Was the interview more based on business and customers or about our skills?

Both sections had a little bit on business and a question on customers, the only real business question I remember was about challenges and what I knew about their products which wasn't much, i was just honest and talked about what i knew some of the new technologies i had seen from them.

As I said before the presentation questions were more on how you prepared for the presentation and on things you mention in the presentation itself. The motivational and behavioural interview has a bit more on skills like 'what new skills have you developed recently' and 'what skills do you think you will develop at jlr' other than that It was more questions about the creators code. like showing growth ' have you used feedback to develop skills', integrity ' have you disagreed with a colleague about how to solve a problem', and unity ' is there a situation you showed collaborative thinking'.

You should answer those about the creators code using the STAR method.
Thank you so much for your information and congratulations for your offer.

Do you have any idea about the number of vacancies in this recruitment.

Both sections had a little bit on business and a question on customers, the only real business question I remember was about challenges and what I knew about their products which wasn't much, i was just honest and talked about what i knew some of the new technologies i had seen from them.

As I said before the presentation questions were more on how you prepared for the presentation and on things you mention in the presentation itself. The motivational and behavioural interview has a bit more on skills like 'what new skills have you developed recently' and 'what skills do you think you will develop at jlr' other than that It was more questions about the creators code. like showing growth ' have you used feedback to develop skills', integrity ' have you disagreed with a colleague about how to solve a problem', and unity ' is there a situation you showed collaborative thinking'.

You should answer those about the creators code using the STAR method.

Do you have any idea about the number of vacancies in this recruitment

Its no problem at all! I hope your assessment goes well too and thank you very much.

You can ask at the welcome presentation but for manufacturing, in west midlands I think they said there were 8 vacancies but had hundreds of applications so even getting to the assessment stage was good.

Prepare the best you can but don't worry about it too much. The interviewers were very nice and friendly, I thought I had messed up in a few interview questions and then I had to answer my front door during the interview which I also thought would negatively effect it but my interviewer was understanding and helped me get back to where i was and even though i thought i had messed up by this point i carried on as i had been. I was nervous but the interview is more of a conversation which helps and you can think a bit after they ask a question so don't have to answer immediately.

Good luck on your assessment!
Thank you so much

Its no problem at all! I hope your assessment goes well too and thank you very much.

You can ask at the welcome presentation but for manufacturing, in west midlands I think they said there were 8 vacancies but had hundreds of applications so even getting to the assessment stage was good.

Prepare the best you can but don't worry about it too much. The interviewers were very nice and friendly, I thought I had messed up in a few interview questions and then I had to answer my front door during the interview which I also thought would negatively effect it but my interviewer was understanding and helped me get back to where i was and even though i thought i had messed up by this point i carried on as i had been. I was nervous but the interview is more of a conversation which helps and you can think a bit after they ask a question so don't have to answer immediately.

Hello,
do you know how long the interview lasted? was it a long convo of multiple questions?
Original post by ibyghee
Hello,
do you know how long the interview lasted? was it a long convo of multiple questions?

Its 2 different interviews with a different person. The interviews were basically just long conversations with multiple questions yes.
How did yours go I had mine today too as well for the manufacturing role

Do you have any idea about the number of vacancies in this recruitment.
Reply 17

Hi, what do you mean by the creators code?
Reply 18

Hello, could you please answer this question, what was you presentation topic/what it was going to be about. And also, you mentioned you spoke about 3 areas for your other 3 slides, did they tell you to use these areas, or did you choose them yourselves? Many thanks
Original post by Ghdese
Hello, could you please answer this question, what was you presentation topic/what it was going to be about. And also, you mentioned you spoke about 3 areas for your other 3 slides, did they tell you to use these areas, or did you choose them yourselves? Many thanks

My presentation topic was about the reimagine strategy and challenges facing JLR. The document they sent explaining the presentation suggested focusing on academic studies, interests, and my potential to succeed and make an impact at JLR. From the instructions they sent, i figured they wanted one slide about the reimagine strategy, one on the challenges at JLR and one more focused on myself and my impact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending