The Student Room Group

Im starting to see my mac as an expensive liability

It cost me a fortune and quite frankly I am not sure how it warrant the cost when I could have spent 400 on an 1TB 8GM ram laptop. So tell me this, why are these systems so popular? If anything it has reduced functionality compared to Windows. I got it because I heard they were reliable machines but I still dont think it warrants the cost of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Becaue they're so innovative!! They remove all the ports and sell them for more money!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc
Original post by Got Milk
It cost me a fortune and quite frankly I am not sure how it warrant the cost when I could have spent 400 on an 1TB 8GM ram laptop. So tell me this, why are these systems so popular? If anything it has reduced functionality compared to Windows. I got it because I heard they were reliable machines but I still dont think it warrants the cost of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it come with Apple Care?

The build quality itself is good. They're pretty quiet. I don't know which one you got but they are relatively light too.
Mostly hipsters buy them. The only benefit is the optimisation and smooth UI.
Just get a dell inspiron with a GTX 1050, 16 gb ram, i7 quadcore, literally runs games at 60fps high settings for the same price as a mac.
If something is going to cost a 'fortune' to you then you should be more mindful of what you are purchasing.
I barely use my Mac purely because of the way of copying, pasting and all that malarkey doesn't just let me do cntrl c. Can't be arsed with the that crap so went out and bought a window, 10x better
I bought mine for work lol, can't run Xcode on Windows. :dontknow: Hackintosh is a PITA and virtual machines suckkkkk. I'm quite a fan of macOS and mostly own Apple devices anyway, so it worked for me. Plus, I'm confident it will probably outlive me as the build quality is impeccable, plus AppleCare obviously. :smile:

It's not for everyone, some people do simply buy it for the brand and end up disappointed… but it's good for what I do with it. :biggrin:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
If something is going to cost a 'fortune' to you then you should be more mindful of what you are purchasing.

Tbh I was tricked by all the mac hype I was sold a dream. Also I admit I thought it would make me look cool in the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Got Milk
Tbh I was tricked by all the mac hype I was sold a dream. Also I admit I thought it would make me look cool in the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pmsl, no one looks cool in the library of all places :toofunny:
Reply 9
Don't understand why you wouldn't just get an XPS 13/15 instead

it destroys the mac in every sense besides keypad, heck just about every top level windows laptop offers better specs for atleast 3/4 of the price
Reply 10
Original post by Paracosm
I bought mine for work lol, can't run Xcode on Windows. :dontknow: Hackintosh is a PITA and virtual machines suckkkkk. I'm quite a fan of macOS and mostly own Apple devices anyway, so it worked for me. Plus, I'm confident it will probably outlive me as the build quality is impeccable, plus AppleCare obviously. :smile:

It's not for everyone, some people do simply buy it for the brand and end up disappointed… but it's good for what I do with it. :biggrin:

Is it bad that I was going to tag you in this thread because of the horrendously funny autocorrect words your Apple products have produced? :rofl: That's what I call an expensive liability, mate :tongue:
>they fell for the applecare meme
Yeah? Where was your damn applecare when apple asked for MONEY to repair iPhones which had random battery drains on their own, then they blamed their own customers.

The god Emperor uses a Galaxy.
The god Emperor uses Windows.
Original post by Airmed
Is it bad that I was going to tag you in this thread because of the horrendously funny autocorrect words your Apple products have produced? :rofl: That's what I call an expensive liability, mate :tongue:

Looooool, we can have everything! :rofl2:
Reply 13
Looooool, we can have everything! :rofl2:

Except good autocorrect. It's just so bad. :toofunny:
Original post by Airmed
Except good autocorrect. It's just so bad. :toofunny:

omg, I meant can't :facepalm: I r o n y.
Reply 15
omg, I meant can't :facepalm: I r o n y.

Omg, you're just fab :toofunny: Proving my point perfectly. D e a d.
Apple products do have a few reliability problems here and there. For instance the lightning port always seems to play up in the 12 months that I have an iPhone for (perhaps I could be at fault, but I'm not sure how :lol:), and the longevity of the battery is not very good.

However, for me at least, reliability issues haven't affected any of the Macs I've owned. For instance I got my previous MBP in 2014 and it worked a treat until I replaced it with the new touchbar variety just recently. I thought that the new tech would lead to reliability issues with this but apart from the bugs with the TouchID and some sync issues with the touchbar and screen, it's all gone very well. But I just get the feeling that this one could actually go wrong at some point :lol:

So yeah, Apple don't exactly make the most robust products, but it's the quality of user experience that has served them well IMO. :yep:
Also don't forget guys that with each new useless ios update, older devices get slowed down specifically to encouarge people to buy the newer devices.
Original post by hezzlington
Yeah im just going to leave this here.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4329288

I don't get it :frown:
Reply 19
It's like a car. The minute you leave the store it's value drops, it's a downwards cycle from their on and then BAM the next gen as out and suddenly yours is just like a case of condoms at a lesbian bar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending