The Student Room Group

4 million men and 50,000 women in Germany have faced genital mutilation

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Doesn't bother me at all. I sometimes wish I was circumcised. Afaik these practises exist to prevent masturbation.
Thats right, a medical procedure carried out by trained medical staff in a sterile medical facility is no different than some old hag hacking at the genitals of a young girl with a rusty old blade.
Is that what they call "circumcision" these days?
but muh religious freedum
i should be able to mutilate muh kids however i want
Original post by Mathemagicien
So we should legalise FGM so that it is carried out by trained medical staff?

Good God no!

Did someone suggest we do?
Original post by Zargabaath
but muh religious freedum
i should be able to mutilate muh kids however i want

Really, you believe most circumcisions in Germany are carried out for religious reasons?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Your argument was that male genital mutilation is okay because proper surgeons do it, while female genital mutilation was a lot worse because its done by your local unregistered Mohammed with the rusty butchers knife.

Nope.

I merely highlighted how wrong you were to equate a strictly controlled legal practice with an uncontrolled illegal practice.

While not sure what the medical benefits of circumcision are supposed to be, i am 100% sure that male circumcision has no negative effects, FGM on the other hand is solely used to prevent the victim from enjoying a healthy fulfilling sex life.

It is quite shocking to see how far some will go to show solidarity with Islam.
Original post by joe cooley
Nope.

I merely highlighted how wrong you were to equate a strictly controlled legal practice with an uncontrolled illegal practice.

While not sure what the medical benefits of circumcision are supposed to be, i am 100% sure that male circumcision has no negative effects, FGM on the other hand is solely used to prevent the victim from enjoying a healthy fulfilling sex life.

It is quite shocking to see how far some will go to show solidarity with Islam.

Except that male circumcision is legal so it can be done in hospitals.In backwards African countries they do circumcise boys and young men and very often they bleed out from it.Its only in the modern west that it's the safe and sanitized procedure that we know today.
If FGM was done in a hospital then presumably you would have no problem with it? Both are barbaric unnecessary practices.
Original post by Robby2312
Except that male circumcision is legal so it can be done in hospitals.In backwards African countries they do circumcise boys and young men and very often they bleed out from it.Its only in the modern west that it's the safe and sanitized procedure that we know today.
If FGM was done in a hospital then presumably you would have no problem with it? Both are barbaric unnecessary practices.

Nope.

FGM serves one purpose and one purpose only, to prevent women from enjoying the sex act.

So, i would still have a problem with FGM even if done in an hospital.

Strange how so many in the West are happy to throw women's rights under the bus when they come into conflict with backwards cultures.

You cannot equate the two.
Original post by Conceited
You cannot equate the two.

Both male and female circumcision are wrong and unnecessary. Just because FGM is more severe does not mean that male circumcision is somehow suddenly ok. They are both cutting bits of children's bodies off.If religion didn't exist and someone randomly decided to cut parts of their children's gentitals off then they would get sent down for child abuse.Religion does not deserve special exceptions or priveleges.Both male and female circumcision are child abuse.The definition of abuse doesn't change just because it's dressed up in ancient superstitions or cultural practices.
Both male and female circumcision are wrong and unnecessary. Just because FGM is more severe does not mean that male circumcision is somehow suddenly ok. They are both cutting bits of children's bodies off.If religion didn't exist and someone randomly decided to cut parts of their children's gentitals off then they would get sent down for child abuse.Religion does not deserve special exceptions or priveleges.Both male and female circumcision are child abuse.The definition of abuse doesn't change just because it's dressed up in ancient superstitions or cultural practices.

I agree with the notion that both are arbitrary irreversible procedures that are unnecessary.

But, an important distinction must be taken into account. Unlike male circumcision, FGM has always served the following purposes - to control a woman's sexuality and prevent them from enjoying sex.
Original post by Conceited
I agree with the notion that both are arbitrary irreversible procedures that are unnecessary.

But, an important distinction must be taken into account. Unlike male circumcision, FGM has always served the following purposes - to control a woman's sexuality and prevent them from enjoying sex.

Hmmm I would say that circumcision was largely to do with masturbation not just cleanliness.Masturbation was thought to be immoral and against God.
So yeah it was invented to prevent a guy from enjoying sex.
Reply 14

i totally agree . especially because of jews
Reply 15
jews has spread it out to world

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending