The Student Room Group

I don't like communicating with men

I know this seems weird but I honestly do not like men. I don't mean attraction-wise because I am straight(I'm a girl) but I hate the way men act. This is all my opinion fyi and I'm not trying to put all men under one category and generalise them. When I say men I don't mean every man I mean the ones who do the things I mentioned, thinking they look "masculine" and better than other men. These are all different experiences I've had or heard men talk about.
Not all men, I know but what I see some do just puts me off.

I saw a man at a shop the other day, he walked past a woman who was bent over the fridges to get something, stopped walking, turned around to look at her you-know-what, whispered (although very loudly) "damn", started walking again and went up to his wife to help her decide what to make for dinner.

Throughout primary, secondary, etc I've heard all of my male classmates say something about women atleast once and no one would bat an eye. An example being, 3 guys in year 10 geography talking about - in detail- how they'd SA the "hot substitute". I told my head of year but obviously no-one who sat around me and the 3 guys backed me up despite them all hearing it because I was one of the only girls there, the only girl who heard it and the boys obviously supported the boys. They never even got any kind of disciplinary talk or anything.

I'm not genius-ly smart but I have achieved pretty high grades. However, guys who get lower grades than me on specific topics try to correct me on the topic or they choose to get help from guys who get even lower than them even when I offer help solely because I'm a girl.

Masculating women who choose to not have long hair or wear heavy makeup, yet berating women who do is also a pretty common quality i've seen in men although that is also widely shared among a lot of women too.

I hate when men walk with their feet facing outwards and with a slight bounce, because it doesn't look cool it just looks like they have flat feet and weird posture. I hate when men deepen their voices even though it's obvious. I hate when men who don't even have the grades for a degree call women with PhDs foolish and dumb for something small like parking on yellow lines by accident. I hate when men try to intimidate random women for no reason. I hate when men call women selfish and prideful, solely for talking about their achievements. I hate when men call women s1ut$ just because they dislike them. I hate men who justify their horrible actions, but when a woman does something way less worse, it's sinful and an absolute atrocity. I hate men who only see the physical qualities of women.

Even if it's a guy I've never seen do anything wrong, I can't help but think how he's most likely had the same thoughts and done the same things as the men who's actions I've mentioned. Does anyone else feel this way?
Reply 1
You are just a sexist, plain and simple.
Reply 2
It’s sexism but it’s not exactly unrooted. A lot of men can be arrogant and rude due to they way they have been brought up and the world we live in
Reply 3
(Original post by Anonymous)It’s sexism but it’s not exactly unrooted. A lot of men can be arrogant and rude due to they way they have been brought up and the world we live in
and yet I doubt that you would say the same thing if she spoke negatively about other groups of people based on arbitrary characteristics, bigotry is bigotry, irrespective of who it is targeted at.
Reply 4
I am one of 20 girls in a year of 220 people some of my best friends are men and it’s not that I hate all men far from it but I spend my life being talked over. People make sa jokes daily and ignoring the life experiences of the women around you isn’t helping anyone.
Reply 5
Original post by Poisenivy
I am one of 20 girls in a year of 220 people some of my best friends are men and it’s not that I hate all men far from it but I spend my life being talked over. People make sa jokes daily and ignoring the life experiences of the women around you isn’t helping anyone.

Bad behaviour like making sexual assault jokes is certainly bad, but you can't say that the fact they are men is what makes them do this as most men don't act like that.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Bad behaviour like making sexual assault jokes is certainly bad, but you can't say that the fact they are men is what makes them do this as most men don't act like that.

Exactly, what alot of people fail to realise is that there are disgusting people in every sub group of people whether they are male, female, gay, transgender or whatever. But what happens is people like this tend to stick around each other which is why their friends will back them up so you shouldn't base your opinion of half the population on a few people. And remember, it's the loudest voices which are heard the most.
Reply 7
I know this seems weird but I honestly do not like men. I don't mean attraction-wise because I am straight(I'm a girl) but I hate the way men act. This is all my opinion fyi and I'm not trying to put all men under one category and generalise them. When I say men I don't mean every man I mean the ones who do the things I mentioned, thinking they look "masculine" and better than other men. These are all different experiences I've had or heard men talk about.
Not all men, I know but what I see some do just puts me off.

I saw a man at a shop the other day, he walked past a woman who was bent over the fridges to get something, stopped walking, turned around to look at her you-know-what, whispered (although very loudly) "damn", started walking again and went up to his wife to help her decide what to make for dinner.

Throughout primary, secondary, etc I've heard all of my male classmates say something about women atleast once and no one would bat an eye. An example being, 3 guys in year 10 geography talking about - in detail- how they'd SA the "hot substitute". I told my head of year but obviously no-one who sat around me and the 3 guys backed me up despite them all hearing it because I was one of the only girls there, the only girl who heard it and the boys obviously supported the boys. They never even got any kind of disciplinary talk or anything.

I'm not genius-ly smart but I have achieved pretty high grades. However, guys who get lower grades than me on specific topics try to correct me on the topic or they choose to get help from guys who get even lower than them even when I offer help solely because I'm a girl.

Masculating women who choose to not have long hair or wear heavy makeup, yet berating women who do is also a pretty common quality i've seen in men although that is also widely shared among a lot of women too.

I hate when men walk with their feet facing outwards and with a slight bounce, because it doesn't look cool it just looks like they have flat feet and weird posture. I hate when men deepen their voices even though it's obvious. I hate when men who don't even have the grades for a degree call women with PhDs foolish and dumb for something small like parking on yellow lines by accident. I hate when men try to intimidate random women for no reason. I hate when men call women selfish and prideful, solely for talking about their achievements. I hate when men call women s1ut$ just because they dislike them. I hate men who justify their horrible actions, but when a woman does something way less worse, it's sinful and an absolute atrocity. I hate men who only see the physical qualities of women.

Even if it's a guy I've never seen do anything wrong, I can't help but think how he's most likely had the same thoughts and done the same things as the men who's actions I've mentioned. Does anyone else feel this way?

i feel exactly the same!
(I know they are not all bad, and there is definitely a small percentage who are good but just speaking generally.)
I do not like men.
I have expectations of men based on experiences i have had e.g. things ive seen/heard etc. and i feel they are all the same. Even when someone comes along who seems different I see it as being a show and not their true selves, that they're just acting a certain way because they know I dont like 'typical' men.
Nobody else I know feels this way so i find it interesting that there are other people who do.
Reply 8
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
This thread smells very familiar, you’ve made the exact same one before, haven’t you?

nope. this is my first and only anonymous post since i joined tsr last month. A lot of women feel this way, ive heard others say the same thing so that's why it's familiar
Reply 9
You are just a sexist, plain and simple.

a fear of men because of past experiences doesn't mean i physically or mentally discriminate against them which is what sexism is. I've never stereotyped a man or called him out solely for being a man and i don't think this about all men. plain and simple doesn't really cover it. I try to get rid of my prejudice because growing up being very discriminated and hated on for being part of severa; minorities i know how it feels but generalising based on experiences is natural and a human thing to do i can't change my emotions unless the people causing them change too.
Reply 10
i feel exactly the same!
(I know they are not all bad, and there is definitely a small percentage who are good but just speaking generally.)
I do not like men.
I have expectations of men based on experiences i have had e.g. things ive seen/heard etc. and i feel they are all the same. Even when someone comes along who seems different I see it as being a show and not their true selves, that they're just acting a certain way because they know I dont like 'typical' men.
Nobody else I know feels this way so i find it interesting that there are other people who do.

this is definitely a better way of phrasing what I meant because people have took it the wrong way and called me "sexist". People don't also realise this is my personal experience and I don't mean to generalise and put all men in one category, when I mean men I mean the ones I know rather than all the 3 1/2 billion men in the world and the tens of billions that've existed before us.
a fear of men because of past experiences doesn't mean i physically or mentally discriminate against them which is what sexism is. I've never stereotyped a man or called him out solely for being a man and i don't think this about all men. plain and simple doesn't really cover it. I try to get rid of my prejudice because growing up being very discriminated and hated on for being part of severa; minorities i know how it feels but generalising based on experiences is natural and a human thing to do i can't change my emotions unless the people causing them change too.

a fear of black people because of past experiences doesn't mean i physically or mentally discriminate against them which is what racism is. I've never stereotyped a black person or called them out solely for being black and i don't think this about all blacks. plain and simple doesn't really cover it. I try to get rid of my prejudice because growing up being very discriminated and hated on for being part of severa; minorities i know how it feels but generalising based on experiences is natural and a human thing to do i can't change my emotions unless the people causing them change too.

sounds pretty racist
I can make the exact same post about women:

I dislike when all girls just like to talk sh**. Their main focus is to always complain and talk about other people. They don't have any career ambitions and spend all of their time on social media. They have extremely high egos and they base their self-worth on the number of followers on snapchat, because they think that somehow having more followers makes them better. All they like to do is just gossip about you, but they know that in reality they would never dare to say such things in people's faces.

They also think that talking selfies in their bikinis is attractive. It's actually disgusting and superficial. They think they come across as hot and cute, but all they're actually doing is just making themselves look like w****s who are shagging everyone left and right. They cry that most guys are dbags, but the truth is that they don't see all the good guys because they're so addicted to these dbaggy men that they don't want to look at other types of men. In particular, I hate women that complain about men being crap when in fact they don't even give good men a chance.

I just made a similar rant about women. My post is not very different to yours, but people will still call me a misogynist.
this is definitely a better way of phrasing what I meant because people have took it the wrong way and called me "sexist". People don't also realise this is my personal experience and I don't mean to generalise and put all men in one category, when I mean men I mean the ones I know rather than all the 3 1/2 billion men in the world and the tens of billions that've existed before us.

I wouldn't have a problem if you said; I dislike some men who I have met before, you are a sexist for saying that you " do not like men" as a whole and pretending like women cannot do the same things.
Reply 14
I wouldn't have a problem if you said; I dislike some men who I have met before, you are a sexist for saying that you " do not like men" as a whole and pretending like women cannot do the same things.

I had written "I know women do this too but i've not heard them say it out loud as much" but I probably deleted that by accident before I posted it, my bad. I did reply to another comment specifying it was the men I know rather than all men as i obviously dont hate all 3 billion men but i thought it was obvious. I understand where you're coming from, I would to if I just randomly saw a post like this hating a whole group but honestly this was a huge rant after a vulnerable moment somewhat obvious from the horrible writing and I don't think it's comparable to race, comparable to hating women yes but not race. Sorry if it came off as sexist but a lot of people aren't understanding what I meant when I wrote this

Totally agree, and anonymous 1 isn't helping herself by making comments about the way men walk. You can dislike people for the horrible things they do but to call them out for walking??? 💀

Like I fully understand when you say you hate the ENTITLEMENT some men walk around with, and the fact that they get away with some disgusting things because "boys will be boys", but you have to understand that that's how some men are raised to see the world and you as another member of the world just need to explain your feelings to them and call them out on gross behaviour.

Bad experiences with men jn the past won't help you change your mind ofc, but you need to think about the good things the guys you do know do and stop generalising
Reply 16
I can make the exact same post about women:

I dislike when all girls just like to talk sh**. Their main focus is to always complain and talk about other people. They don't have any career ambitions and spend all of their time on social media. They have extremely high egos and they base their self-worth on the number of followers on snapchat, because they think that somehow having more followers makes them better. All they like to do is just gossip about you, but they know that in reality they would never dare to say such things in people's faces.

They also think that talking selfies in their bikinis is attractive. It's actually disgusting and superficial. They think they come across as hot and cute, but all they're actually doing is just making themselves look like w****s who are shagging everyone left and right. They cry that most guys are dbags, but the truth is that they don't see all the good guys because they're so addicted to these dbaggy men that they don't want to look at other types of men. In particular, I hate women that complain about men being crap when in fact they don't even give good men a chance.

I just made a similar rant about women. My post is not very different to yours, but people will still call me a misogynist.

I forgot to specify that it was about specific men rather than all men and I can't edit on anonymous now however I did reply to 2 comments stating this already. My rant about specific men is based on their actions that i've stated. Yours could as well be based on a specific woman or specific women
Reply 17
Original post by Jaffacake1212
Totally agree, and anonymous 1 isn't helping herself by making comments about the way men walk. You can dislike people for the horrible things they do but to call them out for walking??? 💀

Like I fully understand when you say you hate the ENTITLEMENT some men walk around with, and the fact that they get away with some disgusting things because "boys will be boys", but you have to understand that that's how some men are raised to see the world and you as another member of the world just need to explain your feelings to them and call them out on gross behaviour.

Bad experiences with men jn the past won't help you change your mind ofc, but you need to think about the good things the guys you do know do and stop generalising

For the fourth time this is about specific men which I forgot to mention in the post and I can't change it since anonymous cant edit. Obviously I don't hate all men and I don't act any differently to new men I don't know as I do to new women I don't know. This was a quick rant and I wasn't gonna state the meaning behind everything. You're right I did mean the entitlement they walk with but phsyically thats what I see "feet facing outward with a bounce" I just couldn't find a descriptive word for it, is it wrong? but with imagery(or sims 4 CAS walks) you can probably get the idea and what I meant
I forgot to specify that it was about specific men rather than all men and I can't edit on anonymous now however I did reply to 2 comments stating this already. My rant about specific men is based on their actions that i've stated. Yours could as well be based on a specific woman or specific women

The issue is you've titled this post "I don't like communicating with men" - that's pretty sexist sounding and generalising.

You should have also made it clearer in your first post that you're talking about very specific experiences

As a female I understand how uncomfortable some men's attitudes and actions can make you feel so I'm definitely not sh**ing on your feelings, but you've got to make it obvious your feelings and general opinions are different or else it does come across very sexist
Reply 19
Original post by Jaffacake1212
The issue is you've titled this post "I don't like communicating with men" - that's pretty sexist sounding and generalising.

You should have also made it clearer in your first post that you're talking about very specific experiences

As a female I understand how uncomfortable some men's attitudes and actions can make you feel so I'm definitely not sh**ing on your feelings, but you've got to make it obvious your feelings and general opinions are different or else it does come across very sexist

Yeah I see it now but obviously not 2 weeks ago but just like how man can mean both all of mankind and also one single man I would've thought men could mean a specific group and also all men. This was more of a quick rant to let out my feelings than explain my experiences to people so I didn't think I'd have to specify in detail but yeah the title still sounds horrible now, I would change it but anonymous can't edit

Quick Reply

Latest