2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Yeah maybe. Just try really hard at maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by BeccaHP
I do! My school is on their list of contextual offer-worthy schools. I am just very surprised at being given an offer at all as I thought my statement sounded like just a lot of pretentious drivel and that my grades would be pitiful compared to other applicants :smile: I had completely convinced myself I would be rejected!

Have you also applied for Bristol/received an offer ?

What course? What GCSEs? And what were ur predicted
Original post by mahmzo
What course? What GCSEs? And what were ur predicted

Course: English Literature
GCSEs: 3As 3Bs 3Cs
Predicted: A*AB
Hi is anyone still waiting for an offer for Economics and Politics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maoism123
Applied for Bristol on 4th November for Econ + Politics and haven't heard anything other than email to acknowledge my application. Getting slightly worried now.... :confused:

Hope you have received an offer by now maoism123!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Grace.23
Hi! I also applied for liberal arts and havent got a response yet. I applied in early nov so the wait is so painful! I also applied for a single subject as well as liberal arts and got an offer ages ago!
I'm in the exact same situation as you are, which is reassuring.

Oh man that is reassuring, thanks so much for replying! I applied in November too so I completely share your pain, fingers crossed for the pair of us!
Original post by Student1670
Hi is anyone still waiting for an offer for Economics and Politics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am for politics and sociology! Sent my application off on 2nd November and still haven't heard back :frown:
Today I was offered BBB for Social Policy & Politics. Thought it would have been AAB!
Original post by nichbuchmitch
Today I was offered BBB for Social Policy & Politics. Thought it would have been AAB!

Then grab it with both hands.
Original post by nichbuchmitch

Original post by returnmigrant
Then grab it with both hands.

Althought there's no rush to do so :wink:
Original post by queenoftheiceni
Oh man that is reassuring, thanks so much for replying! I applied in November too so I completely share your pain, fingers crossed for the pair of us!

Totally! I'll let you know if there's any sign of progress!
Reply 831
Original post by fretts
Congrats dude!

a)what are your predicted grades and what were you offered
b) when did you get your offer?

My predicted are AAB and an A* which turned out to be an A

My offer is ABB but I was guaranteed a conditional place because I attended a summer school there

I don't remember when I got the offer but because I was guaranteed it, I don't think it really matters :smile:
Reply 832
Original post by vlpsk
My predicted are AAB and an A* which turned out to be an A

My offer is ABB but I was guaranteed a conditional place because I attended a summer school there

I don't remember when I got the offer but because I was guaranteed it, I don't think it really matters :smile:

Oh sick, well congrats dude and thanks for the reply!
has anyone been rejected for law yet, or know anyone who has? someone pointed out to me that they hadn't seen anyone who had yet and come to think of it, neither have i- i've only seen offers or mostly people still waiting, it's worrying me a little, i'd rather they get it over with
Any group chats for offer holders?
Me and my friend just got rejected this evening hahah
Original post by hxrrict
has anyone been rejected for law yet, or know anyone who has? someone pointed out to me that they hadn't seen anyone who had yet and come to think of it, neither have i- i've only seen offers or mostly people still waiting, it's worrying me a little, i'd rather they get it over with
Original post by KatieHHH
Me and my friend just got rejected this evening hahah

aw man im sorry to hear that!:frown: did they say why?!
Has anyone else been allowed to make an alternative application? I didn't even know they existed before last week but here I am...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wholockonmars
an alternative application

??
Original post by wholockonmars
Has anyone else been allowed to make an alternative application? I didn't even know they existed before last week but here I am...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, I got rejected for mechanical engineering but allowed to make an alternative application for either combined mechanical and electrical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, civil engineering or engineering mathematics. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending