The Student Room Group

Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Everyone shisha's going to come up on b1 (core biology) spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next weeks gcse b1!!!!!!!!
for those taking AQA History B Nazi Germany my teacher reckons there will be an 8 marker on either Youth or Women? She says theyve never come up as their own question and i think it would be a pretty good one
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for additional science aqa to get an A I got a B in my core but I really need to get an A in additional pls helppp ?! I got an A* in my ISA for additional science
Original post by Lovepreet4400
Does anyone have any tips on how to revise for additional science aqa to get an A I got a B in my core but I really need to get an A in additional pls helppp ?! I got an A* in my ISA for additional science

yes, learn the spec really well and past papers with mark schemes.

Btw do I know you?
Hi everyone!

I am doing:

English Literature (Edexcel - Romeo & Juliet, J&H, An Inspector Calls, Relationships poetry)
English Language (Edexcel)
Maths (Edexcel - Higher)
Physics (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Business (AQA)
History (Edexcel - Cold War, Russia and British Society)
Computing (OCR)
Art (AQA)

Feel free to ask me any questions about the subjects i am studying and please share any predictions and/or tips on how to boost my revision and grades.
:smile::smile:
Reply 165
Original post by iamthestudent
Hi everyone:absinth:
I have made this thread as a way for us all to put our heads together and to predict what is likely to come up in our exams in 2017.

Feel free to chat to me privately about anything so we can brainstorm ideas.

I am currently taking:

Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business Studies (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
French (OCR)
Drama (Edexcel)
History B (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)

Please share what you are taking to introduce yourself.

Good Luck Everyone For Your Exams
:banana2::banana2::banana2:

if you go to onmaths.com they have predicted topics for all exam boards for paper 1, and once paper 1 is released they will predict paper 2, and once paper 2 is released, paper 3 will be released, and paper 3 predictions will likely be the same
Hello hope your revision is going well , i am taking

Core and Additional Science ( Edexcel )
English Lit and Lang ( AQA )
Maths ( AQA )
German ( WJEC )
History ( Edexcel )
Geography ( OCR )
Health and Social Care (BTEC Level 2 Edexcel )
ECDL ( Computers )

If anyone has predictions on the maths and english papers that will be great
Thank you and good luck
i found the 2017 paper for english lit. therefore the questions and themes in here aren't going to come up for the exam.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-onmFlcpcdoUUctelpuZENkRWs/view?safe=vss
enjoy
AQA English Lit - what are your predictions on Great Expectations , Macbeth , AIC and AQA Love and Relationship cluster Poetry ?
Original post by mem123
AQA English Lit - what are your predictions on Great Expectations , Macbeth , AIC and AQA Love and Relationship cluster Poetry ?

Your literally the only person I seen on this forum who is doing great expectations,glad to know im not the only one.What do you think because i cant predict anything!What grade for english lit are you predicted, my one is 7, english is my worst subject!For macbeth, my teacher thinks its either lady macbeth or relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth, what do you think?
Original post by Anonymous1502
Your literally the only person I seen on this forum who is doing great expectations,glad to know im not the only one.What do you think because i cant predict anything!What grade for english lit are you predicted, my one is 7, english is my worst subject!For macbeth, my teacher thinks its either lady macbeth or relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth, what do you think?

ikr nobody is doing GE literally the worst book ugh im predicted grade 8 ... and for macbeth it wont be the Lady Macbeth because that was in the specimen ... im predicting supernatural , also for GE my teacher predicted ambition ... are you doing the love and relationship cluster ?
Original post by mem123
ikr nobody is doing GE literally the worst book ugh im predicted grade 8 ... and for macbeth it wont be the Lady Macbeth because that was in the specimen ... im predicting supernatural , also for GE my teacher predicted ambition ... are you doing the love and relationship cluster ?

Im doing power and conflict.In the specimen papers, one paper is about macbeth and one about lady macbeth.My teacher said they wont ask about the supernatural because its the first year that are doing these papers and they always ask easy stuff the first time around because not many people are prepared for the exam, they usually ask hard stuff after the exam has been done many times.For GE, maybe its crime and innocence or miss havisham?For the specimen papers it was unequal relationship between estella and pip and something about pip i believe.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Im doing power and conflict.In the specimen papers, one paper is about macbeth and one about lady macbeth.My teacher said they wont ask about the supernatural because its the first year that are doing these papers and they always ask easy stuff the first time around because not many people are prepared for the exam, they usually ask hard stuff after the exam has been done many times.For GE, maybe its crime and innocence or miss havisham?For the specimen papers it was unequal relationship between estella and pip and something about pip i believe.

I thought the supernatural was quite an easy theme tbh so it will most likely be on Macbeth i think and they will probably give the scene of his monologue because in one specimen they used quite a hard scene it was in act 5 ... which means aqa are probably saving the good scenes for the actual gcse
Original post by mem123
I thought the supernatural was quite an easy theme tbh so it will most likely be on Macbeth i think and they will probably give the scene of his monologue because in one specimen they used quite a hard scene it was in act 5 ... which means aqa are probably saving the good scenes for the actual gcse

My teacher thinks its Lady Macbeth act 5 scene 1 or relationship between them act 2 scene 2.
anyone offering IGCSE English A?
Bro how do you know
Hey everyone!

I'm taking

English Lit (AQA, Great Expectations, AIC, R&J and power and conflict poetry)
English Lang (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
RE (OCR A)
Core/Add Science (Edexcel)
Geography (OCR)
French (AQA)
Computing (OCR)

First exam Monday morning!
Hi I'm taking this year:

Edexcel Maths (higher)
English Literature aqa
English Language aqa
Triple science! Aqa
Geography ocr
History ocr
Business studies WJEC
Spanish aqa

First exam is on Tuesday. Good luck for everyone for GCSEs
Reply 178
How are you guys revising for power and conflict poetry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For English AQA seeing as we are the first years, the question shouldnt be very hard. They will try to get all the easy questions asked and out of the way and then they will move onto harder questions in the coming years.

Quick Reply

Latest