The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Beat me to it, I was just about to look to see if there was a forum for this year. Then BAM! I found this, I'll try to stick around to see if more people come round. I've made all the notes for my A2 stuff. At this point I think I need to work on my exam technique, I'm not very good at the exam itself sadly but I think its because I havent really fully rememebered the stuff in detail.

All and all, If theres some nice and bitesize resources found for some topics for the PROD 3 exam (not PROD4! Thats the coursework :P )
Original post by Fruitbasket786
Beat me to it, I was just about to look to see if there was a forum for this year. Then BAM! I found this, I'll try to stick around to see if more people come round. I've made all the notes for my A2 stuff. At this point I think I need to work on my exam technique, I'm not very good at the exam itself sadly but I think its because I havent really fully rememebered the stuff in detail.

All and all, If theres some nice and bitesize resources found for some topics for the PROD 3 exam (not PROD4! Thats the coursework :P )

yay someone else :woo: i think we talked a bit on the old thread? :holmes:
and thank you for pointing that out:getmecoat::hugs:
Original post by CoolCavy
yay someone else :woo: i think we talked a bit on the old thread? :holmes:
and thank you for pointing that out:getmecoat::hugs:

No WAY. You're right XD

Awkward :P
Anyway how is your PROD3 revision going? Did you do a mock test? I didnt do so well in it :frown: ended up with a U bit to say something thats somewhat relieving is that the majority of the class got the same. Thats always the golden excuse for when I failed. "I failed together, so it's okay!"
Original post by Fruitbasket786
No WAY. You're right XD

Awkward :P
Anyway how is your PROD3 revision going? Did you do a mock test? I didnt do so well in it :frown: ended up with a U bit to say something thats somewhat relieving is that the majority of the class got the same. Thats always the golden excuse for when I failed. "I failed together, so it's okay!"

:hugs:
dw about awkward :rofl:
tbh PROD3 has kind of stopped existing at school rn :colondollar: everyone is just focusing on the coursework so we hardly have any lessons on it tbh. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will go back to it. How are u doing with it?
tbh im not just saying this for platitudes but i wouldn't be too concerned about that because the grade boundaries for anything after an A are so small you can drop like 2 grades in a couple of marks
well i had a mock in January which went well but i genuinely dont know how because i misread one of the questions, tbh tho idk if it really counts as a proper paper cos they changed it a bit to fit within an hour lesson
having a proper one in march i think :afraid:
how's the CW progressing? :hugs:
:hugs:
dw about awkward :rofl:
tbh PROD3 has kind of stopped existing at school rn :colondollar: everyone is just focusing on the coursework so we hardly have any lessons on it tbh. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will go back to it. How are u doing with it?
tbh im not just saying this for platitudes but i wouldn't be too concerned about that because the grade boundaries for anything after an A are so small you can drop like 2 grades in a couple of marks
well i had a mock in January which went well but i genuinely dont know how because i misread one of the questions, tbh tho idk if it really counts as a proper paper cos they changed it a bit to fit within an hour lesson
having a proper one in march i think :afraid:
how's the CW progressing? :hugs:

My coursework is getting on nicely. I would've finished if but I kept ****ing up by graphics for one part of my product. I'm not making anything flashy, just a leaflet holder for a tuition centre. For some reason my product looks more aquatic rather than educational though :confused::confused:. But I'd say once its 100% done it'll look good. What are you making for your coursework. I might share a picture of it once it's done on the Grow My Grades forum that I made if you want to check it out :tongue:
Reply 6
Ooh, so glad I found this thread!

At my school. we had our mocks last half term and I did pretty well, now I'm just trying to finish up my CW!

My product's a feature shelf for the pre prep division of my school, and I guess I'm almost done, it's just quite big, so everything takes forever to do!

What's everyone else making?
Finally back to just theory content in lessons
let's get this **** done :dumbells:
Finally back to just theory content in lessons
let's get this **** done :dumbells:

I have tried to get similar questions and spot how the marks schemes differ from another if the same type of material needs to be mentioned?

How are you guys revising?
Reply 9
Original post by Spectrum35
I have tried to get similar questions and spot how the marks schemes differ from another if the same type of material needs to be mentioned?

How are you guys revising?

I'm literally just trying to memorize all the infomation required. I think I've grasped the exam technique side of things for most questions apart from the developments in technology/past and present designers ones. I'm slowly making my way through all the past exam papers, looking in detail at ther mark schemes as a lot of questions are repeated. For example, last years AS exam beared quite a lot of similarity to a 2010 I sat as a mock
Reply 10
Hello...

Does anyone have any good resources for learning the content of the PROD3 exam, other than the book itself? The AQA book tends waffle and drag on so much, i find it extremely hard to learn from it. I've hardly revised for this exam due to my course taking up every second of my time so i am looking for quick wins (without going through the whole text book).
Reply 11
Original post by yeaboi
Hello...

Does anyone have any good resources for learning the content of the PROD3 exam, other than the book itself? The AQA book tends waffle and drag on so much, i find it extremely hard to learn from it. I've hardly revised for this exam due to my course taking up every second of my time so i am looking for quick wins (without going through the whole text book).

I'm on the Edexcel board, but I think this advice should still hold.
MARK SCHEMES!!! PAST PAPERS AND MARK SCHEMES!!!!
Revise with the mark schemes, make notes with the mark schemes, eat the mark schemes, be the mark schemes, sleep with them under your pillows if that's your sort of thing lol. Basically, forget about the textbook, I barely use mine. The mark scheme gives so much information, and it lets you know what sort of answers they're expecting.

Use past papers and mark schemes! Hope it helps!
Anyone doing prod 1 resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by yeaboi
Hello...

As already stated above, past papers are good with the mark schemes, especially for those questions on developments in technology and design movements because although the book waffles on, the mark schemes for those types of questions tend to be quite precise and there's a possibility that similar questions may arise. Take last years PROD1 that had so many similarities to the 2010 paper so looking at mark schemes in depth will only be a good thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fx85GTplus
Anyone doing prod 1 resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I am! My entire class apart from 2 people are all resitting this year. The exam last year was awful, and I'm hoping the one this year is a little bit nicer!
Original post by Katiemccluskey
Yes, I am! My entire class apart from 2 people are all resitting this year. The exam last year was awful, and I'm hoping the one this year is a little bit nicer!

Any predictions for PROD1?
Original post by Oasis61
Any predictions for PROD1?

Well last year was compression moulding- what a joke and year before that was rotational I reckon it could be injection or even blow moulding just make sure you know the steps and how to draw the set up. Also not seen Biodegradeables in a while so.
Original post by hossein178
Well last year was compression moulding- what a joke and year before that was rotational I reckon it could be injection or even blow moulding just make sure you know the steps and how to draw the set up. Also not seen Biodegradeables in a while so.

Ah okay thanks. What about mental processes e.g. Investment casting, im sure they haven't come up in a long time? Thanks.
Last metal casting I remember is like press forming to make like a sink or something in like 2013;
so I'd expect some sort of metal drawing.
Original post by Oasis61
Ah okay thanks. What about mental processes e.g. Investment casting, im sure they haven't come up in a long time? Thanks.

My teacher said that something about sand casting may come up, as not a lot of schools have a sand casting machine available, so it may be a possibility

Latest