The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Religious Studies Unit 8 Exam Wednesday 17th May 2017

Is everyone ready for this exam? I hope the last one went well and good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Moppet
Is everyone ready for this exam? I hope the last one went well and good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

I really hate unit 8, it's so hard and very boring.
However, the first paper went alright but it was harder than all past papers because this paper had some really stupid questions...
Reply 2
Original post by tina.uk
I really hate unit 8, it's so hard and very boring.
However, the first paper went alright but it was harder than all past papers because this paper had some really stupid questions...

Don't worry. Everyone in my school found it hard so hopefully the grade boundaries should be low. What grade are you aiming for?
What other religions have y'all studied apart from Christianity? We have been taught about Islam at my school.
Original post by Student4072
What other religions have y'all studied apart from Christianity? We have been taught about Islam at my school.

Yeah unit1&8?
I'd be damned if the grade boundries go low, the last grade boundries for last year was ridiculous, it was like 72%for a bloddy C.
Any revision notes you ca pass down ?
Original post by Elliehi11
Yeah unit1&8?

I meant it like for the questions which require you to refer to a religion other than Christianity, which out of Islam/Buddhism/Sikhism/Judaism etc. have you chosen?
Reply 8
Original post by Upliftting
I'd be damned if the grade boundries go low, the last grade boundries for last year was ridiculous, it was like 72%for a bloddy C.

Any revision tips for my test tomorrow?
Original post by P1_ty
Any revision tips for my test tomorrow?

Tips
Just litrally read through an information booklet if you have one given by the school. Highlight the ones that you dont know and leave the ones that you do remember. Remember you can do this litrally before the exam ,but if you have extra time on your hand, go do a past test paper, like not fully but bullet point each question ,so like the 8 marker, just jot down 3/4 points and just go, 4 marker jot 2 points and boom. Then go on the mark scheme and correct or add. litrally thats what i done for the Unit 1,few hours before the exam, and the exam questions i done, a similar question came up on monday and i already knew what the answere was with only a few seconds. this is the master way trust me.
It may be long, but its worth the A* GCSE you'd be getting.
Original post by Moppet

Hey have you got any predictions for what may come up ????
Has anyone got any predictions :smile:
Original post by Aishaiqbal
Has anyone got any predictions :smile:

It's hard to make predictions, the exam board are not consistent
It's hard to make predictions, the exam board are not consistent

Well the starter of this thread predicted paper one and it was relatively accurate so was wondering if they had any prediction for this toooo
Reply 15
Original post by Moppet
Don't worry. Everyone in my school found it hard so hopefully the grade boundaries should be low. What grade are you aiming for?

I always got As and A*s but I am aiming for an A*. What about you?
Reply 16
Tips
Just litrally read through an information booklet if you have one given by the school. Highlight the ones that you dont know and leave the ones that you do remember. Remember you can do this litrally before the exam ,but if you have extra time on your hand, go do a past test paper, like not fully but bullet point each question ,so like the 8 marker, just jot down 3/4 points and just go, 4 marker jot 2 points and boom. Then go on the mark scheme and correct or add. litrally thats what i done for the Unit 1,few hours before the exam, and the exam questions i done, a similar question came up on monday and i already knew what the answere was with only a few seconds. this is the master way trust me.

Thank you so much
Woop! That was the best paper I have ever done! Did questions 2, 4, 6 and 8.

How was it for you guys?
Was Q8 the one about justice in religion(8 marks)?
Original post by Student4072
Woop! That was the best paper I have ever done! Did questions 2, 4, 6 and 8.

How was it for you guys?

Was Q8 the one about justice in religion(8 marks)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending