The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English literature 2017

I did Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde. How did you al find it??? Jekyll and Hyde was so hard and I made up quotes for the paragraphs on the whole novella, so now I'm worried. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sofiecookie
I did Macbeth and Jekyll and Hyde. How did you al find it??? Jekyll and Hyde was so hard and I made up quotes for the paragraphs on the whole novella, so now I'm worried. :frown:

I did Macbeth and a christmas carol. Don't worry about it :smile: i paraphrased ones I couldn't remember as well, as long as you were somewhere along the lines of the actual quote and didn't change the meaning. though I can't really say much because I didn't do jekyll and hyde.
How did you find Macbeth and how many sides did you write?
did Romeo and juilet and Christmas carol #****ed it
Reply 3
Same, I thought the questions were super good for it tho
Reply 4
Original post by SaraS786
I did Macbeth and a christmas carol. Don't worry about it :smile: i paraphrased ones I couldn't remember as well, as long as you were somewhere along the lines of the actual quote and didn't change the meaning. though I can't really say much because I didn't do jekyll and hyde.
How did you find Macbeth and how many sides did you write?

I thought Macbeth was alright but i dont think i interpreted some of the speech right when I was analysing the quotes, wbu ?? Also I wrote about 3 and a half pages for Macbeth and this was only like 4 paragraphs and the intro and I waffled on a lot, as one of my paragraphs was about an entire page, im really worried though coz on my Dr jekyll and Mr hyde I only wrote one a half pages lol I didnt managed my time well.
Reply 5
Original post by bexwray
Same, I thought the questions were super good for it tho

Did you do Jekyll and Hyde?? Coz i thought that the Jekll and Hyde question was quite hard as i kept repeating the word sympathy and couldnt think of any synoyns for it.
Reply 6
Sorry no, I wish I had though. I did Christmas Carol, which has no depth whatsoever
Reply 7
Did you do Jekyll and Hyde?? Coz i thought that the Jekll and Hyde question was quite hard as i kept repeating the word sympathy and couldnt think of any synoyns for it.

Surely this would mean you didn't go off a tangent and you kept relating it back to the question!?! which would give you marks for cohesive answers
I thought Macbeth was alright but i dont think i interpreted some of the speech right when I was analysing the quotes, wbu ?? Also I wrote about 3 and a half pages for Macbeth and this was only like 4 paragraphs and the intro and I waffled on a lot, as one of my paragraphs was about an entire page, im really worried though coz on my Dr jekyll and Mr hyde I only wrote one a half pages lol I didnt managed my time well.

For macbeth i actually found the question OK but i blanked out and couldn't think of many points at the start, but i managed 3 pages for macbeth and 3 for a christmas carol. my paragraphing was not so good :/
btw don't worry about the length of jekyll and hyde one ... quality not quantity lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Amusica
Surely this would mean you didn't go off a tangent and you kept relating it back to the question!?! which would give you marks for cohesive answers

yhh i guess but I think it might be repetitive lol.
yhh i guess but I think it might be repetitive lol.

I'm sure you did fab, good luck anyway in your exams!!
Original post by Amusica
I'm sure you did fab, good luck anyway in your exams!!

aww thanks, also good luck to you too

I must've been a lucky B*stard. I did Macbeth and Sherlock Holmes, both of which were stupidly easy compared to the practice exam questions our teachers gave us. I was so scared that Macbeth was going to be about the witches or malcolm.
Reply 13
Am I the only one that did really bad on both Macbeth and Christmas Carol?! Can I retake in June?
Original post by nsulub12
Am I the only one that did really bad on both Macbeth and Christmas Carol?! Can I retake in June?

aww you probably didnt do bad and you have another literature test on fri so dont worry also i dont think you would need to retake as its literature and language is the more important lol
Reply 15
Original post by maxaton160
did Romeo and juilet and Christmas carol #****ed it

Same. Such a waste of time revising main characters/themes and light/religious imagery only to get given an extract on the servants and male aggression. I bite my thumb at aqa.

Didn't find a Christmas Carol quite so bad but they could've picked an extract with a bit more to talk about. So much for an easy first year
Original post by Arifali4
I must've been a lucky B*stard. I did Macbeth and Sherlock Holmes, both of which were stupidly easy compared to the practice exam questions our teachers gave us. I was so scared that Macbeth was going to be about the witches or malcolm.

lol lucky, i was stressing out about Macbeth and focused on the characters rather than the theme lol.
Reply 17

I found it okay, but for the answer booklet i wrote the question I was answering ( 01 for macbeth ) on each page i wrote (i wrote it three times) is this what you are supposed to do and if not will it affect my mark, omg im panicking
Original post by mxv
I found it okay, but for the answer booklet i wrote the question I was answering ( 01 for macbeth ) on each page i wrote (i wrote it three times) is this what you are supposed to do and if not will it affect my mark, omg im panicking

im pretty sure thats fine lol and i highlt doubt it would impact your mark so dont worry lol
Reply 19
im pretty sure thats fine lol and i highlt doubt it would impact your mark so dont worry lol

thank youuuu x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending