The Student Room Group

Gcse geography OCR 2017 SDME

What did you guys get for the numbers for the first two questions?im rlly worried I read the graph wrong?
Something like 1.2% and 4.2 billion?
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Something like 1.2% and 4.2 billion?

I got 1.2% and 4 billion
Original post by bvellender
I got 1.2% and 4 billion

Sounds similar, I think the population one was 6.7-2.5=4.2 billion or something along those lines, but I'm pretty sure they'll allow some leeway
Reply 4
I got 1.2% and 2 billion oops?
Reply 5
Boys and Girls

i got 1.2% and 4 billion

i also picked option 3
Reply 6
Basically, I know I wrote 1.something but can't remember exactly what, can someone tell me how they got 1.2, it'll prob trigger something in my head
I got 1.5% and 4 billion
Crap reckon it's close enough :frown:
Also did u guys get 22% for the other question about Africa I think?
Original post by 123123123123123
Also did u guys get 22% for the other question about Africa I think?

Yes I did
Original post by Anonimy
Boys and Girls

i got 1.2% and 4 billion

i also picked option 3

What did you say some of the advantages were?
For the advantages, I put that
- it was socially sustainable - self-help scheme meaning that people want to make life better for themselves + would take care of the buildings bc they built and funded for them
- Economically sustainable - cheaper for the gov bc they didn't have to take money from their own economy to build the homes, the money was raised and only that money was used. Bc no money being taken but life's getting better; better education - better jobs - more disposable income - more tax - better infrastructure etc....
- Environmentally Sustainable - bc the land isn't having to be cleared, there is no deforestation - no loss of habitats - not reducing biodiversity etc...
I picked option 3 as well guys :smile: I went for socially sustainable- quality of life, economically- can pay taxs, disposable income, multiplier effect, and environmental b/c it's a brownfield site and on marginal land
Original post by randomaccountt
For the advantages, I put that
- it was socially sustainable - self-help scheme meaning that people want to make life better for themselves + would take care of the buildings bc they built and funded for them
- Economically sustainable - cheaper for the gov bc they didn't have to take money from their own economy to build the homes, the money was raised and only that money was used. Bc no money being taken but life's getting better; better education - better jobs - more disposable income - more tax - better infrastructure etc....
- Environmentally Sustainable - bc the land isn't having to be cleared, there is no deforestation - no loss of habitats - not reducing biodiversity etc...

Oh okay I got like similar, and what did u put for disadvantages and additional features?
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
I picked option 3 as well guys :smile: I went for socially sustainable- quality of life, economically- can pay taxs, disposable income, multiplier effect, and environmental b/c it's a brownfield site and on marginal land

Oh okay I got like similar, and what did u put for disadvantages and additional features?
Original post by 123123123123123

Disadvantages were tricky, I think I said the project would take a long time, and the money would run out, but it wasn't a very convincing answer, I know. Additional, I said a better education system and waste disposal system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending