The Student Room Group

AQA eng lit- forgot context.

I did my English literature today and now I'm extremely worried about my grade.

In the mock my teacher said that I scored at least a 7 but now when I've completed the real exam I don't think that I can even get a grade 5.

After the exam I realised that I forgot to write about Context in both anthology poems and Blood brothers (very briefly).

Would I lose a lot of marks for forgetting context and how many marks are actually allocated for context?
(edited 6 years ago)
You need context to reach band 4, so that's probably a 5
Section A and B have 6 marks for context each, so overall 12/96 of the whole paper - a lot of people messed up the Inspector calls question, so the grade boundaries should be relatively low, especially as it's the first year of the new spec
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I forgot context for the poem comparison completely. Like literally omitted it. However, context only counts for 6 marks in this section, and unless you want to get a 9, it shouldn't be the biggest issue.
Don't worry, you can still get a 7 without context, it's only 6 marks you dropped their, a lot of people found it difficult to talk about context even in AIC, so you should be fine.
Original post by That'sGreat
You need context to reach band 4, so that's probably a 5

That's not true, it's only worth 6 marks for context, and the question he's on about is worth 34
Original post by MaggieMoo3
Section A and B have 6 marks for context each, so overall 12/96 of the whole paper - a lot of people messed up the Inspector calls question, so the grade boundaries should be relatively low, especially as it's the first year of the new spec

How was AIC hard? You just talk about Mrs Birling or Inspector and social whatever
Original post by That'sGreat
How was AIC hard? You just talk about Mrs Birling or Inspector and social whatever

A lot of people misread the question and wrote about Mr Birling instead, so limited the amount of marks they could get
Original post by MaggieMoo3
A lot of people misread the question and wrote about Mr Birling instead, so limited the amount of marks they could get

Damn, I know someone who did that, but realised after 15 minutes. Always read the question twice
I don't think that many marks are allocated for context (I don't think it's more than 12 for the whole paper). It's quite possible that you inadvertently mentioned context somewhere - just because you don't think there's any doesn't mean there isn't any.
I didn't put any context for the anthology question because it just wasn't relevant to the question... would i still lose marks?

Quick Reply

Latest