The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

When do first year students usually start university?

My parents are trying to book a holiday for next year, and it'll be the last year I'll be able to go a family holiday with them. They was looking at 25th August to the 8th September. I'm mainly looking at Lincoln university if that's of any help
Original post by CourtneyHanna
My parents are trying to book a holiday for next year, and it'll be the last year I'll be able to go a family holiday with them. They was looking at 25th August to the 8th September. I'm mainly looking at Lincoln university if that's of any help

It depends on your timetable when your start date is. I started a full week after lots of my friends because I was on different subjects/ different time slots.

Can they not book it for August instead of Sept?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hi Courtney,

The term dates for 2018/19 have not yet been released, however, you can see the term dates for the 2017/18 academic year here: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/abouttheuniversity/calendar/20172018/ which should give you a good indication of the dates for the 2018/19 year.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Elliott

Original post by Friffinghell
It depends on your timetable when your start date is. I started a full week after lots of my friends because I was on different subjects/ different time slots.

Can they not book it for August instead of Sept?

I've asked them to book during the summer holidays but it's coming back too expensive so that's why it's towards the end of the holidays
I've asked them to book during the summer holidays but it's coming back too expensive so that's why it's towards the end of the holidays

Approximately October/late September but that depends

Quick Reply

Latest