The Student Room Group

History AQA A-Level: 1H & 2S predictions

1H: Tsarist and Communist Russia:
I don't really know what to expect, but I'm thinking perhaps the source question might be on the opposition to Tsarism, and the two essay questions to be on 1) high stalinism 2) Khrushchev's leadership and maybe c) another question on Stalin

2S: The Making of Modern Britain
Source question: Northern Ireland
Essays: 1) Heath's government 2) Society under Thatcher and I'm not too sure about the last one.

What do you guys think will come up?
Reply 1
Im taking 1H aswell, what makes you think its going to be those questions??
Reply 2
Original post by dwizzle1
Im taking 1H aswell, what makes you think its going to be those questions??

well they tend to try and cover a broad spectrum, so definitely lenin 1917 is coming up in the sources i think. Stalin and Khrushchev but perhaps one on society/economy during the tsar period.

I also think the basic questions will come up because we're the first a level students

what do u think will come up
Original post by maccaism
1H: Tsarist and Communist Russia:
I don't really know what to expect, but I'm thinking perhaps the source question might be on the opposition to Tsarism, and the two essay questions to be on 1) high stalinism 2) Khrushchev's leadership and maybe c) another question on Stalin

2S: The Making of Modern Britain
Source question: Northern Ireland
Essays: 1) Heath's government 2) Society under Thatcher and I'm not too sure about the last one.

What do you guys think will come up?

1H - I have a feeling the source question is going to be about the power struggle or something to do with political authority. Q1 maybe opposition, Q2 Society under Stalin. Q3 agriculture perhaps, or something to do with Khrushchev.

2S - I think the source q will be on the EEC. Q1 Thatcherism, Q2 Miners or something, Q3 something about the conservatives 1951-64.

I'm dreading Friday :frown: any last minute revision tips?
Reply 4
Original post by SparklyUnicornz
1H - I have a feeling the source question is going to be about the power struggle or something to do with political authority. Q1 maybe opposition, Q2 Society under Stalin. Q3 agriculture perhaps, or something to do with Khrushchev.

2S - I think the source q will be on the EEC. Q1 Thatcherism, Q2 Miners or something, Q3 something about the conservatives 1951-64.

I'm dreading Friday :frown: any last minute revision tips?

That's interesting to see. I hope we don't get Khruschev I'm not too secure on him.

I would say focus on exam technique, because that's what they're truly assessing you on.
Hey, i'm also doing 1H and 2S!I have a feeling the source will be on Bolshevik seizure of power 1917 or Stalin's economyAnd, I think the essay questions will be on opposition to Alex II and III or economy under them, something to do with Stalin, and I'm not sure about the third.I'm just praying Khrushchev isn't the source because I havent revised him at all aha
Reply 6
what were the questions today guys??
Original post by lottieis
what were the questions today guys??

Roughly;
The extract Q was about the impact of Soviet economy between 1921-41.
Q1 = did Alexander III's reforms reverse the reforms of his father?
Q2 = opposition of the peasants between 1894ish-1917.
Q3 = to what extent did Russia overcome post-second world war Stalinism by 1964?

How did everyone find it? And which Qs did you answer?
Reply 8
Original post by slice_wakjer
Roughly;
The extract Q was about the impact of Soviet economy between 1921-41.
Q1 = did Alexander III's reforms reverse the reforms of his father?
Q2 = opposition of the peasants between 1894ish-1917.
Q3 = to what extent did Russia overcome post-second world war Stalinism by 1964?

How did everyone find it? And which Qs did you answer?

I answered Q1 and Q3. I was really surprised to see a really similar question for A level to the one we've done in AS. I don't know how I did I felt as though I could answer all the questions. But there wasn't one where I was actually pleased about getting. How was yours?

I hope the grade boundaries are low
I answered Q1 and Q3. I was really surprised to see a really similar question for A level to the one we've done in AS. I don't know how I did I felt as though I could answer all the questions. But there wasn't one where I was actually pleased about getting. How was yours?

I hope the grade boundaries are low

I felt the source was fairly ok. I did Q1 and Q2 for the essays, but I completly ran out of time so didn't even finish my essay :frown: I hope the grade boundaries are low too!
Reply 10
Original post by libby.jones18
I felt the source was fairly ok. I did Q1 and Q2 for the essays, but I completly ran out of time so didn't even finish my essay :frown: I hope the grade boundaries are low too!

I think a lot of people found it quite easy, so I'm worried I don't think the grade boundaries will be lowered.

What do you think will come up in 2S?
I think a lot of people found it quite easy, so I'm worried I don't think the grade boundaries will be lowered.

What do you think will come up in 2S?

I have no idea for the source, possibly the Labour party (1974-79), and then for the essay I have a feeling maybe, Heath's government, Thatcher (maybe foreign relations) and for the last one I have no idea, maybe Wilson?
I have no idea for the source, possibly the Labour party (1974-79), and then for the essay I have a feeling maybe, Heath's government, Thatcher (maybe foreign relations) and for the last one I have no idea, maybe Major?

You know how you think it'll be Northern Ireland for the source, under what section do you think? Like Heath, Thatcher, etc?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
You know how you think it'll be Northern Ireland for the source, under what section do you think? Like Heath, Thatcher, etc?

Maybe under Thatcher because that's when I think it was most prevalent, with the Brighton bombing and whatnot.

If Blair was to come up I definitely think foreign relation and the Iraq war will come up.

They will most likely choose the most basic/obvious questions since we're the first A level students.
Reply 14
Would anybody be able to tell me what, questions came up? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending