The Student Room Group

Wrong Question number on English Lit paper1!!! Please helpp

I did my English Lit paper 1 on 22 May. My questions were on Macbeth and A Christmas carol but I think i wrote the wrong numbers in the margin. I am really worries about what might happen can someone give some advice pleaseeeeee
Original post by AliRiz1
I did my English Lit paper 1 on 22 May. My questions were on Macbeth and A Christmas carol but I think i wrote the wrong numbers in the margin. I am really worries about what might happen can someone give some advice pleaseeeeee

You'll be fine, they should realise after they start marking. I'm sure thousands of people do this.
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
You'll be fine, they should realise after they start marking. I'm sure thousands of people do this.

Oh okay thank youu
I forgot to write the question numbers - nothing happens - it'll be obvious which one you're writing about. Just makes it slightly easier for the examiner if you put them but won't make any difference whatsoever.
Reply 4
Original post by angela shahane
I forgot to write the question numbers - nothing happens - it'll be obvious which one you're writing about. Just makes it slightly easier for the examiner if you put them but won't make any difference whatsoever.

Oh okay thank you very much
Hi, this is just about Sociology. I sat my Sociology exam on Thursday and I needed more space on the essay and I wrote 04 at the start but close to the end of the essay I may have wrote 05 instead of 04 and then I was finishing off the research methods question and put 05 at the next page. Do you think they will realise that it was supposed to be 04 and not 05 and therefore mark it according to 04 I'm so worried I spoke to my teacher and he said it is a common mistake can anyone help?? Also I may be overthinking about this
Original post by Exams 2017
Hi, this is just about Sociology. I sat my Sociology exam on Thursday and I needed more space on the essay and I wrote 04 at the start but close to the end of the essay I may have wrote 05 instead of 04 and then I was finishing off the research methods question and put 05 at the next page. Do you think they will realise that it was supposed to be 04 and not 05 and therefore mark it according to 04 I'm so worried I spoke to my teacher and he said it is a common mistake can anyone help?? Also I may be overthinking about this

You definitely won't be penalised for putting the wrong number in the margin. If it is clearly part of your previous answer it will be marked appropriately. Some people put no question number in the margin at all! From what I've seen, exam boards always try to be fair to candidates in situations like this.
Thanks for getting back to me really appreciate it so do you think I will be okay??
I’ve done this this year did you guys do okay?
Yeah I did fine! Ended up with an A so didn't get penalised 😊
Thank you so much!
No problem examiners understand exams can be stressful so defs give leeway! So don't worry! Good luck 😊🍀
Reply 12
AliRiz1 how did it turn out for you did you get marked?
I did this this year, today in fact lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending