The Student Room Group

Ticked wrong box for English Lit GCSE Edexcel

I'm really worried because I've always gotten 9s in English Lit and want to take it for A level but in the panic of the exam today, I crossed the box for the first Inspector Calls question and then answered the other one. It's really obvious that I've answered the second question and my english teacher said they had a student select the wrong play for part A before and still get full marks but I'm really worried about it. Has anyone had anything similar happen and did it still get marked against the right mark scheme despite ticking the wrong box???
Original post by Moon_Juice
I'm really worried because I've always gotten 9s in English Lit and want to take it for A level but in the panic of the exam today, I crossed the box for the first Inspector Calls question and then answered the other one. It's really obvious that I've answered the second question and my english teacher said they had a student select the wrong play for part A before and still get full marks but I'm really worried about it. Has anyone had anything similar happen and did it still get marked against the right mark scheme despite ticking the wrong box???

One of the girls was crying in the bag room because she wrote the wrong question number (we do AQA). All the teachers told her that the examiners will clearly see that she answered Jekyll and Hyde and not Macbeth.

I wouldn’t worry too much since it’s marked by a person who has experience with English tests. You’re definitely not the first who’ve done this.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest