The Student Room Group

URGENT: For the Unit 5 Edexcel Biology exam on the 20th, what book should I read?

The Hodder book, or the Student book or will the Edexcel revision guide suffice?
Or should I read specific tops from each book? (If that is the case, I will be forever indebted if someone could list all the topics that are best explained in each book)

Scroll to see replies

I don't know what kind of revision you have already done, but it seems a bit late to read an entire book now, no? I'd say with the timing, you will best continue with the revision guide as the most important ideas are covered. If you don't understand a topic, use the student book to get a background. The practice questions in the revision book are also quite helpful and just do every past paper.
Reply 2
Original post by abk07
The Hodder book, or the Student book or will the Edexcel revision guide suffice?
Or should I read specific tops from each book? (If that is the case, I will be forever indebted if someone could list all the topics that are best explained in each book)

ummm i would suggest u to read the Edexcel pearson revision guide ONLY and some revision notes. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/edexcel-unit-5/ <-this site is helpful :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by sayema1
ummm i would suggest u to read the Edexcel pearson revision guide ONLY and some revision notes. http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/edexcel-unit-5/ <-this site is helpful :smile:

Spoiler

Lol @sayema1 NOPE I absolutely can not stand that subject!
Reply 4
Original post by abk07
Lol @sayema1 NOPE I absolutely can not stand that subject!

ohhhhh alright :rofl:
actually we have our chemistry unit 5 exam tomorrow so was just wondering why u asking about biology today :rofl: :rofl: :colone:
Reply 5
Original post by sayema1
ohhhhh alright :rofl:
actually we have our chemistry unit 5 exam tomorrow so was just wondering why u asking about biology today :rofl: :rofl: :colone:

Good luck. Do let me know how your Bio exam goes. :P
Reply 6
Original post by abk07
Good luck. Do let me know how your Bio exam goes. :P

thanks and no wayy -.- i prefer studying chem than bio!
Reply 7
Original post by sayema1
thanks and no wayy -.- i prefer studying chem than bio!

I never really understood chem ugh. Bio was fun till AS though now this sucks too lol
Reply 8
Original post by abk07
I never really understood chem ugh. Bio was fun till AS though now this sucks too lol

haha yehh bio was f***ed up when it came to unit 4 :angry: butbutbut chem and maths....bae :heart::love::love:
Reply 9
CGP mate
Reply 10
Original post by abracus
CGP mate

Don't have the book - we weren't taught from the CGP books. Do you have a pdf?
How is everyone feeling for the exam?
I'm nervous about the part with the article....
Original post by CornerCob
I'm nervous about the part with the article....

What do you think will come up on the article?
I fear it's about lung function/CVDs etc. I hope not too detailed with the AS topics.....
How did people find it?
I sucked but the paper was okay, I think
Original post by CornerCob
I sucked but the paper was okay, I think

What did you find hard about it?
Original post by nav1234567
What did you find hard about it?

IAL or GCE?
Original post by HaveBlue77
IAL or GCE?

gce

Quick Reply