The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Babyoleg
I still disagree... if you commit a crime you are then convicted...

Not necessarily because not everyone that commit crimes get caught, therefore not convicted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me with the two ten markers on the family and household questions really struggle to be honest
For the 20 marker on families I talked about
Functionalism- Murdock/ Parsons geographical and social mobility. Marxists- inheritence of property anc private property, ideological functions, source of profits. Feminism- liberal, radical, marxism and feminism and the New Right and how they are critical of single parent families- Charles Murray believes the state offers a perverse incentive and rewards irresponsible behaviour. Is that okay or would I have needed more detail?
Original post by exams 17
For the 20 marker on families I talked about
Functionalism- Murdock/ Parsons geographical and social mobility. Marxists- inheritence of property anc private property, ideological functions, source of profits. Feminism- liberal, radical, marxism and feminism and the New Right and how they are critical of single parent families- Charles Murray believes the state offers a perverse incentive and rewards irresponsible behaviour. Is that okay or would I have needed more detail?

Wasn't the whole question just asking about functionalist views on the family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it was to evaluate the Functionalist view on the family that's why I addressed Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did anyone else do this??
No it was to evaluate the Functionalist view on the family that's why I addressed Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did anyone else do this??

yeah
Ok, I gave Functonalism in depth then talked about Marxism, New Right and Feminism just touched on all the main areas. For the 20 marker for beliefs I talked about secularisation, religion is changing- people believing without belonging (Davie), Lyon- postmodern religion, religious market theory (Stark and Bainbridge). Then talked about how science is an open belief system and religion is closed. Both are important in our lives- science has tranformed how we live- eradicated diseases, improved standards of living, changed how we live, learn, work and communicate etc. It has also caused global warming, pollution, war, genocide etc is that okay??
(edited 6 years ago)
Ok, I gave Functonalism in depth then talked about Marxism, New Right and Feminism just touched on all the main areas. For the 20 marker for beliefs I talked about secularisation, religion is changing- people believing without belonging (Davie), Lyon- postmodern religion, religious market theory (Stark and Bainbridge). Then talked about how science is an open belief system and religion is closed. Both are important in our lives- science has tranformed how we live- eradicated diseases, improved standards of living, changed how we live, learn, work and communicate etc. It has also caused global warming, pollution, war, genocide etc is that okay??

The science stuff has got nothing to do with the role of the family. -nvm
Yh that's good what about the ten markers
I know it's not lol I'm just asking does that sound okay for the 20 marker for beliefs in Society?
The 10 markers for families- two ways in which changing gender roles have affected children
joint conjugal roles- both couples involved in paid work, childcare, shared leisure time etc
more women in paid work - 53% in 1971 to 67% in 2013
child centred family
smaller family sizes
the next 10 marker on migration affecting the family- I talked about an increase in single parent families with Africian carribeans and increase in Asian extended families etc.
Beliefs- 10 marker- I talked about relative deprivation and marginality for why reasons why people join sects
next 10 marker on how religion can promote social change- Weber- the Protestant ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism and the American Civil Rights Movement. What did you guys write?

That's fine then as long as you focused on functionalism the most and used the others as evaluation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I focused on Functionalism the most is that how you approached it too?
Yeah I focused on Functionalism the most is that how you approached it too?

Yeah well I did 4 main paragraphs on functionalism and then at the end of each paragraph I briefly critiqued them with the other theories

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that sounds great thanks!☺ see for the 20 marker on beliefs does it matter how you structured it? I remember it asking whether or not science has more of an influence than religion but as long as you address both will it be okay??
Yeah that sounds great thanks!☺ see for the 20 marker on beliefs does it matter how you structured it? I remember it asking whether or not science has more of an influence than religion but as long as you address both will it be okay??

Yeah that should be completely fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I gave both sides- talked about secularisation, then how religion is changing, cultural defence and transition. Science is open while religion is closed. The impact of science both positives and negatives. Ultimately the two have a great influence on our lives today
Thank you! I gave both sides- talked about secularisation, then how religion is changing, cultural defence and transition. Science is open while religion is closed. The impact of science both positives and negatives. Ultimately the two have a great influence on our lives today

That sounds great, I wouldn't worry I'm sure you've done very well

Posted from TSR Mobile
See the 4 marker for crime I talked about institutional racism and how blacks are less likely to receive a caution is that right? I gave the Macpherson report in 1999 into the enquiry into the murder of the black teenager Stephen Lawrence in 1993 which concluded that there was institutional racism within the metrapolitan police would that be okay? Also for the 10 marker for crime I talked about Merton strain theory and Cohen working class boys subculture would that be okay??
Thank you for replying I appreciate it! I'm sure you have done great☺

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending