The Student Room Group

MOJ Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

anyone had e mail yet ? No job offer got put on reserve list :ashamed2:
Original post by Greyhound1
Hi,

anyone had e mail yet ? No job offer got put on reserve list :ashamed2:

I've had a job offer - provisional, pre employment checks now.
Don't worry, with so many vacancies I'm sure you will soon have an offer as many people will have looked elsewhere by now x
Congratulations well done, you must be really chuffed, you never know i suppose someone may turn an offer down. This was my first interview with CS and i will make the next one better. Applied for another A2 apprentice got interview in june.
No response yet.
Congratulations well done, you must be really chuffed, you never know i suppose someone may turn an offer down. This was my first interview with CS and i will make the next one better. Applied for another A2 apprentice got interview in june.

I am really pleased 😁 loads of luck for your interview in June, I had applied for a couple before this and think I got better with each interview. You must let me know how you get on x
I will do and if I hear anything from the reserve list I will let you know. Go celebrate you deserve it xx
I will do and if I hear anything from the reserve list I will let you know. Go celebrate you deserve it xx

Thank you 😊 I'm off to Lancaster visiting friends, may just have to have a wine or two 😉🥂
Had my interview March 29th @ City of Westminster Court.. status on applicaton had been changed to 'thank you for attending interview...' heard nothing back... called 2 months ago asking for update and the guy said the results hadn't even come through.. i get an email a month ago asking for ID docs... handed them in and its been 2 weeks since that. Not sure what to think.
Original post by Matilda48
Thank you 😊 I'm off to Lancaster visiting friends, may just have to have a wine or two 😉🥂

Hi there ,

Hows it going have you had a start date yet ?

Im now on two reserve lists frustrating xx
Hi there ,

Hows it going have you had a start date yet ?

Im now on two reserve lists frustrating xx

Hi, well done on the reserve lists.

Nope not a word on start date :frown:
I've called and they said no news is good!
I should hear from the vacancy manager with a start date, then they get my contract organised. It's really frustrating, I just want a date now.
I was also on a reserve list for another position and have been offered that as well, I've accepted both (called the recruitment line first to check this was ok) they said yes and just withdraw from one once I get a contract.

All seems so slow, panicking now in case I don't clear the pre employment checks even though I know there is nothing in my past!

How long you been on the reserve lists ?
Hi, well done on the reserve lists.

Nope not a word on start date :frown:
I've called and they said no news is good!
I should hear from the vacancy manager with a start date, then they get my contract organised. It's really frustrating, I just want a date now.
I was also on a reserve list for another position and have been offered that as well, I've accepted both (called the recruitment line first to check this was ok) they said yes and just withdraw from one once I get a contract.

All seems so slow, panicking now in case I don't clear the pre employment checks even though I know there is nothing in my past!

How long you been on the reserve lists ?

Oh gosh its sooo long isn't it ! but fabulous news on getting another offer what was that for and how long where you on that list for ?
I have been on since may for the MOJ one and the other two weeks with insolvency service i really don't know what my chances are with either really ??
I feel down about it all really all i know is i scored overall 5 for the insolvency one.
You will be fine with all the checks its just so slow x
Original post by GreenGenie
Had my interview March 29th @ City of Westminster Court.. status on applicaton had been changed to 'thank you for attending interview...' heard nothing back... called 2 months ago asking for update and the guy said the results hadn't even come through.. i get an email a month ago asking for ID docs... handed them in and its been 2 weeks since that. Not sure what to think.

I have gone through the exact same thing. I applied in February, interviewed 31st March and haven't had any update since. My status is the same as yours and when I contact them they tell me that the results have been released but they are waiting for the vacancy managers to input the results on the portal.

I also was contacted a month ago to bring in some documents to Fox court.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh gosh its sooo long isn't it ! but fabulous news on getting another offer what was that for and how long where you on that list for ?
I have been on since may for the MOJ one and the other two weeks with insolvency service i really don't know what my chances are with either really ??
I feel down about it all really all i know is i scored overall 5 for the insolvency one.
You will be fine with all the checks its just so slow x

Hi,
I was on the reserve list for around 3 months for the second position. It's for administrative officer in the magistrates courts but only for 12 months so really I prefer the first one.
Just called to see if they can give me an update on the pre employment checks. My disclosure Scotland is completed but still no further info on start date ☹️ Getting frustrated now 😡
Hi,
I was on the reserve list for around 3 months for the second position. It's for administrative officer in the magistrates courts but only for 12 months so really I prefer the first one.
Just called to see if they can give me an update on the pre employment checks. My disclosure Scotland is completed but still no further info on start date ☹️ Getting frustrated now 😡

Hi ,

thanks for the info there is a glimmer of hope for me ....... did they email you off the reserve list or call you just curious lol

I wouldn't mind betting they are dragging their heals due to budget restraints or something nothing takes that long ! fingers crossed it won't be much longer, are you working at the moment ?
Reply 54
I'm waiting to get my checks back from the one I got. They were rejected once because they wanted additional documents, I think because I've moved a couple of times in the last few years. I'm on the reserve list for two other roles, one EO and one AO and waiting to hear back from two further EO interviews. I was one point off full marks for the EO interview I'm on the reserve list for. It's a weird process but I pretty much wrote off applying for non-Civil Service jobs because once you've cracked the application process you can just hammer them out and know you're pretty much guaranteed an interview. That said I've had CS interviews where I thought I nailed it, and didn't get the job, and interviews where I almost gave up half way through where I was offered the job.
Hi ,

thanks for the info there is a glimmer of hope for me ....... did they email you off the reserve list or call you just curious lol

I wouldn't mind betting they are dragging their heals due to budget restraints or something nothing takes that long ! fingers crossed it won't be much longer, are you working at the moment ?

Hiya
They emailed me to say I'd been offered a provisional position. Yep I bet your right about the budget :frown:
I hope they don't retract the offer.
I am working, I currently do payroll and credit control for a company but it's only temporary and part time so I really need a start date. Meant to be getting married next year in Mauritius so should be saving the pennies!!
Wonder where we will both be working this time next year? (Hadn't better still be on reserve lists or waiting to hear!!)
Hiya
They emailed me to say I'd been offered a provisional position. Yep I bet your right about the budget :frown:
I hope they don't retract the offer.
I am working, I currently do payroll and credit control for a company but it's only temporary and part time so I really need a start date. Meant to be getting married next year in Mauritius so should be saving the pennies!!
Wonder where we will both be working this time next year? (Hadn't better still be on reserve lists or waiting to hear!!)

I know I wander that too wish I had a crystal ball to see where all this will lead, Im just trying to work out my chances in reality of being offered a role of these reserve lists with scores of 5's
Im only applying for CS jobs. I hope they don't retract the offer for you I wouldn't of thought they would its just so much red tape. Congratulations on your up coming wedding btw.
Okay so I finally heard back from Moj from the interview I attended in February, I've been given a conditional offer based on if I pass the pre employment checks. Anybody know how long THAT will take???
Okay so I finally heard back from Moj from the interview I attended in February, I've been given a conditional offer based on if I pass the pre employment checks. Anybody know how long THAT will take???

Hi, mine took 11 weeks till I got my start date.

I've been offered another job with a different company which I have accepted but waiting for pre-employment checks before I withdraw MoJ.

MoJ gave me a conditional offer on 25/07/17 and the only sent me my DBS form last week which I sent back. It will definitely be a long wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending