The Student Room Group

DWP roles

Does anyone have any advice on changing roles at DWP? I started as an EO a month ago now and I'm doing the Universal Credit Work Coach role however I find myself very interested in the Universal Credit Case Review mostly due to hybrid working. With regards to progression, does anyone know if it's easier moving upwards or sideways? I am aware I have to pass my probation and have to remain in this role for 18 months. How strict are they about the 18 months too? Thanks!
Reply 1
The recruitment department stated I can move upward within 18 months, however I can not make a lateral move within 18 months.
Reply 2
Original post by CJK00
Does anyone have any advice on changing roles at DWP? I started as an EO a month ago now and I'm doing the Universal Credit Work Coach role however I find myself very interested in the Universal Credit Case Review mostly due to hybrid working. With regards to progression, does anyone know if it's easier moving upwards or sideways? I am aware I have to pass my probation and have to remain in this role for 18 months. How strict are they about the 18 months too? Thanks!

Say you did 3 months of your probably in the Home Office before you get a new job at DWP you would continue your probation as the total months -3 of what you’ve done already, if you’ve done probation for example in MOJ and you move to the home office you don’t have to do it again
Reply 3
*probation
Reply 4
Original post by CJK00

I think there has to be a mitigating reason why you would like to move otherwise they may decline allowing you to do a lateral move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending