The Student Room Group

Names of victims of gay purge in Chechnya revealed by authorities

Scroll to see replies

How depressing.

Some of those people were born in 1998. They would've just turned 18.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't have sympathy because homosexuals demonise those who don't support homosexuality and say it's morally wrong.
Original post by slade p
I don't have sympathy because homosexuals demonise those who don't support homosexuality and say it's morally wrong.

You've got it wrong, homosexuals are demonised by those who don't support it... hence why so many have been butchered in Chechnya and across the Islamic world.

Have you ever heard of a homophobic person being bummed by a gay because of their views? Well... maybe if said homophobe turned out to be gay themselves :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by slade p

This isn't even about whether you agree with homosexuality or not. It is about the fact that these were innocent people killed for no reason. Surely, we can all sympathise with that?
Truly horrible news, and shocking that it's still something to happen in this day and age.

Original post by slade p

You don't have sympathy for people being murdered because you think some gay people demonise those who are homophobic? :erm:
Original post by orderofthelotus
How depressing.

Some of those people were born in 1998. They would've just turned 18.

I know. They barely got to live life and experience it.
Original post by slade p

1) They don't demonize anyone. They ask to be accepted for who they are.

2)You have just generalise a huge amount of people without proof or evidence.

3) in my opinion (see it's only my opinion) I think you a nasty piece of work who in the words of Frankie Boyle, "id rather leave inside a burning building to save a pig instead"
Original post by slade p

What kind of twisted logic is that?

Some homosexuals are intolerant of people who's views oppose homosexuality and you ascribe that attitude to the entirety of homosexuals?

They aren't looking to throw you from the top of a building because they think your view is wrong, they are just challenging the views of people who's small mindedness compels them to condemn them for no valid reason other than some book of stories tells them to.
Original post by slade p

How you thought this was even remotely appropriate is beyond me.

How do you not see the irony in saying you don't care about an atrocity against a minority group and then talking about morality in the same breath??
That is appalling :rip:

Oh look... Islam. What a surprise :indiff:
Reply 11
Original post by shadowdweller
Truly horrible news, and shocking that it's still something to happen in this day and age.

You don't have sympathy for people being murdered because you think some gay people demonise those who are homophobic? :erm:

There you go with your slander, they are not homophobic, they are just against the normalisation Andy legalisation of homosexuality in society. Most like me are not against them practicing it if they do it privately.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by slade p

translates to:

Original post by slade p
boooo hoooo people call me out on being outright stupid for opposing something that hurts no one-i'm the victim! :frown: feel sorry for me :frown:

i fixed ur first quote for you :smile: no need to thank me
Original post by Meany Pie
That is appalling :rip:

Oh look... Islam. What a surprise :indiff:

But Islamophobia is the real problem here. It always is.
Original post by slade p
There you go with your slander, it's are not homosphobic, they are just against the normalisation Andy legalisation of homosexuality in society. Most like me are not against them practicing it if they do privately.

Again, you think this justifies not feeling sympathy for people being murdered?

It actually entirely depends on the situation; actively insulting or discriminating against gay people is in fact homophobia, and it's fair to challenge people on those views. On the flip side, I doubt anyone really cares if someone's view is unsupportive of gay people, if they're not externalising that opinion in a negative manner.

Expecting people to keep their relationships private because of your personal views, for example, is certainly going beyond simply not being supportive.
Original post by slade p
There you go with your slander, they are not homophobic phobic, they are just against the normalisation Andy legalisation of homosexuality in society. Most like me are not against them practicing it if they do it privately.

And I'm not against people being an idiot if they do it privately. I'm not even against people being an idiot if they do so publicly, free speech means hearing things I don't like.

But that free speech entitles views devoid of logic, morality, sense, reason, and basic human compassion to also be openly challenged and pointed out for the drivel that they are.
Reply 16
Original post by BigYoSpeck
And I'm not against people being an idiot if they do it privately. I'm not even against people being an idiot if they do so publicly, free speech means hearing things I don't like.

But that free speech entitles views devoid of logic, morality, sense, reason, and basic human compassion to also be openly challenged and pointed out for the drivel that they are.

If you don't like I'm against the normalisation and legalisation of homosexuality in society then that's your problem. You say it's devoid of morality but that's the same reason why people are against homosexuality. Leftists are the most intolerant.
Original post by slade p

You know what's morally wrong? Murdering a bunch of young people just because of their sexuality.And if you condone it then you are just as bad as them and are effectively just a waste of oxygen.
Original post by slade p
If you don't like I'm against the normalisation and legalisation of homosexuality in society then that's your problem. You say it's devoid of morality but that's the same reason why people are against homosexuality. Leftists are the most intolerant.

I understand people of faith consider it a sin because texts in centuries old books can be interpreted in a fashion to suggest it is.

But homosexuals, despite the claims that they are immoral aren't throwing people they don't like from buildings. They aren't inflicting harm on others other than the offence that other's choose to take.

Persecuting and executing homosexuals is actual harm. You're lack of compassion for that unwarranted harm is devoid of morality.

And we aren't talking about the regressive left, you're trying to deflect the argument to another point. Right now the topic is the unwarranted execution of homosexuals.
Original post by slade p

Seems my previous post has been removed so I will state again that you are a nasty piece of work. You statement is wrong. It's one thing to criticise but your are essentially sympathizing with hate speech and condoning murder which puts you on the same level as true terrorist sympathisers.

If someone plans to remove my comment again, at least have the guts to pm me why. The kind of hate speech shouldnt be allowed on public platforms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending