The Student Room Group

Electrolysis hair removal- any advice?

Im thinking of getting electrolysis hair removal as a oppose to lazer due to cost. I know electrolysis lasts long and is more painful but my biggest concerns are:
Could it damage my skin/leave scars?
Would it take absolutely ages before I see any results?

I dont hear a lot about electrolysis experiences as it seems lazer is the new craze- but does anyone have an experience whether good or bad to share?

Thanx
Hi
I've had it. What area are you wanting to remove
Original post by Sammylou40
Hi
I've had it. What area are you wanting to remove

Hi,
I have a lot of hair on the sides of my face which im hoping to remove. I'm just really scared it won't work. My mum did electrolysis like 20 years ago and it didnt do anything for her even after 20 sessions.
Original post by tillyteewee
Hi,
I have a lot of hair on the sides of my face which im hoping to remove. I'm just really scared it won't work. My mum did electrolysis like 20 years ago and it didnt do anything for her even after 20 sessions.

I'm removing facial hair currently. It has changed from coarse and black to a grey colour so it is working and will die off eventually but it takes a long time. Some of it stopped growing fairly soon but there is some stubborn hair left. it stings like mad, it's eye watering! It leaves little lumps where the hair has been zapped. Very occasionally I get a little spot. This is usually if I wear make up the day after
I have it once a week. 8 minutes costs £10 which I am told is quite cheap. 20 sessions isn't enough It's time consuming
If I were you I would save the money upfront and have a laser session. You'll probably only need one. It seems expensive but I've had 26 sessions so far and estimates another 10
I'm too far in to have a laser but I'd recommend you look into that. Try a consultation. Good luck
I'm removing facial hair currently. It has changed from coarse and black to a grey colour so it is working and will die off eventually but it takes a long time. Some of it stopped growing fairly soon but there is some stubborn hair left. it stings like mad, it's eye watering! It leaves little lumps where the hair has been zapped. Very occasionally I get a little spot. This is usually if I wear make up the day after
I have it once a week. 8 minutes costs £10 which I am told is quite cheap. 20 sessions isn't enough It's time consuming
If I were you I would save the money upfront and have a laser session. You'll probably only need one. It seems expensive but I've had 26 sessions so far and estimates another 10
I'm too far in to have a laser but I'd recommend you look into that. Try a consultation. Good luck

So would you say electrolysis was worth it for you? Will it leave you completely hair less in that area?
Also where do you get your electrolysis from, dont happen to get it at Birmingham do you?
So would you say electrolysis was worth it for you? Will it leave you completely hair less in that area?
Also where do you get your electrolysis from, dont happen to get it at Birmingham do you?

It has been worth it. I don't have a hormonal beard anymore!!!! But if I'd to do it again I would seriously consider laser as it'd be quicker
There won't be any hair left
I live in Yorkshire, sorry
It can give you scars.
Medical electrolysis devices destroy the growth center of the hair with chemical or heat energy.
bump
It has been worth it. I don't have a hormonal beard anymore!!!! But if I'd to do it again I would seriously consider laser as it'd be quicker
There won't be any hair left
I live in Yorkshire, sorry

Hi, sorry i wanted to ask how much of your face did you treat? and where your hairs quite dense?
Hi, sorry i wanted to ask how much of your face did you treat? and where your hairs quite dense?

Jawline. Yes the hairs were thick and black
Obviously finer hairs disappear more quickly
Some hairs go after one treatment, others take months
Reply 11
Hi, wondering weather you went ahead with the electrolysis and if you regret It or not?Thanx Rita
Original post by Rita116
Hi, wondering weather you went ahead with the electrolysis and if you regret It or not?Thanx Rita

Nope still hairy as ever :P

Quick Reply

Latest