The Student Room Group

I don’t feel beautiful

Title :frown:
Yes
Original post by Little pecker
Yes

What yes? My life is a mess :frown: I don’t feel beautiful I lol ugly in pictures
Original post by Anonymous
What yes? My life is a mess :frown: I don’t feel beautiful I lol ugly in pictures

same me too i really do feel you, but at the same time, i dont let that get in the way of making meaningful connections with people and having fun in general as well as enjoying life, you can spend the reast of your days being miserable about not feeling beautiful or you can spend time having fun and enjoying life(sorry if i sounded harsh i really didnt mean too!)
There is so much more to life than looks, and so much more to beauty than physical appearance. The fact that you are where you are now is the result of so many "chance" events, such that the probability of you existing is tiny. And yet you do exist, and that is part of the beauty and wonder of life.

And as Roald Dahl so brilliantly wrote, in The Twits:
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”
same me too i really do feel you, but at the same time, i dont let that get in the way of making meaningful connections with people and having fun in general as well as enjoying life, you can spend the reast of your days being miserable about not feeling beautiful or you can spend time having fun and enjoying life(sorry if i sounded harsh i really didnt mean too!)

Original post by bl0bf1sh
There is so much more to life than looks, and so much more to beauty than physical appearance. The fact that you are where you are now is the result of so many "chance" events, such that the probability of you existing is tiny. And yet you do exist, and that is part of the beauty and wonder of life.

And as Roald Dahl so brilliantly wrote, in The Twits:
“A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”

Thanks for motivation!! But the thing is I try so hard but still my life is mess!! :frown: I feel so behind!! I m always late still feel ugly my studies everything is a mess
Thanks for motivation!! But the thing is I try so hard but still my life is mess!! :frown: I feel so behind!! I m always late still feel ugly my studies everything is a mess

no worries! I suggest trying to see what challenges/barriers you face in your studies would be a good step to take, seek help and support, get a tutor if you need to,ect... since those grades you need for higher education/uni entry reqs should you choose to go into higher ed after high school.
In terms of beauty, the advice i can give you is:
-skincare! try out skincare products and see what goes well for you and not, do a patch test before to make sure you don't get any reactions, look into setting up your own skincare routine. always wear SPF daily!
-makeup! idk if ur into makeup but try out makeup that can enhance your natural facial features it can be something as little as putting concealer to hide imperfections, lip gloss/tint, blush, mascara, ect...
-haircare! tbh i dont do much to my hair i only do shampoo + conditioner, i used to hair masks but i dont them anymore... im not very knowledgeable in haircare tbh but the internet has a wealth of resources for this if you look it up
-general beauty tips: get your beauty sleep - it really is true, if you sleep for a healthy amount of time, your skin will be better and your overall beauty will be better (i read this somewhere)
-nails: cuticle oil! dont cut your cuticles just push them !
-hair removal: electrolysis is the most permanent way to remove hairs afaik but its very costly so unless you can afford it then i suggest look kinto sugaring its good for skin, do it in a salon or you can diy but be careful especially with areas like your brows
-bodywise, exercise and workout! exercise can just a be a jog in the park as long as you can fit it in your schedule, orkout vids are available on youtube theres lots !
-ik a good scent can make ppl more attractive so mke sure to use deodorant and get a perfume or spray with a scent that you like
ik its really hard to overcome this feeling of not feeling beautiful... but you really gotta believe in who you are and work on your self-cofidence!!
lots of love x
beauty is only skin deep

:yep:
no worries! I suggest trying to see what challenges/barriers you face in your studies would be a good step to take, seek help and support, get a tutor if you need to,ect... since those grades you need for higher education/uni entry reqs should you choose to go into higher ed after high school.
In terms of beauty, the advice i can give you is:
-skincare! try out skincare products and see what goes well for you and not, do a patch test before to make sure you don't get any reactions, look into setting up your own skincare routine. always wear SPF daily!
-makeup! idk if ur into makeup but try out makeup that can enhance your natural facial features it can be something as little as putting concealer to hide imperfections, lip gloss/tint, blush, mascara, ect...
-haircare! tbh i dont do much to my hair i only do shampoo + conditioner, i used to hair masks but i dont them anymore... im not very knowledgeable in haircare tbh but the internet has a wealth of resources for this if you look it up
-general beauty tips: get your beauty sleep - it really is true, if you sleep for a healthy amount of time, your skin will be better and your overall beauty will be better (i read this somewhere)
-nails: cuticle oil! dont cut your cuticles just push them !
-hair removal: electrolysis is the most permanent way to remove hairs afaik but its very costly so unless you can afford it then i suggest look kinto sugaring its good for skin, do it in a salon or you can diy but be careful especially with areas like your brows
-bodywise, exercise and workout! exercise can just a be a jog in the park as long as you can fit it in your schedule, orkout vids are available on youtube theres lots !
-ik a good scent can make ppl more attractive so mke sure to use deodorant and get a perfume or spray with a scent that you like
ik its really hard to overcome this feeling of not feeling beautiful... but you really gotta believe in who you are and work on your self-cofidence!!
lots of love x

Hi thanks a lot! I’m already in uni nd im 25 years old! But even at this age I don’t have self confidence, I have been studying all the time kind of person for the past 3-4 years and even before that I never really gave time to myself! Now I kind of regret! The problem with my looks is that number one since I m not confident that just shows on my face, second I m very short kind of girl so even if I eat a little more than I should I tend to gain weight so I’m also on the fat side and I have also noticed that my features look better when I lose weight! But exercising regularly is hard for me alongside studies! I do put on make up etc!!
Reply 9
As it was said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Chin up, you are beautiful!
Everyone has days where they feel like this. Where they feel down and insecure. This thread does not specify your age/gender but periods can make girl like this. It's known as 'PMT'.

Aside from that, you should learn to love yourself. Repeat 'I am beautiful' in the mirror every morning before you go about your day. Read books about loving yourself.
Treat yourself with care. Buy yourself things.
LOVE YOU! Because I bet you are beautiful and the inside is just as beautiful.
Loving yourself is so important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending