The Student Room Group

Teenage Indian muslim murdered for dating Arab muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by markova21
But they sure as hell don't murder their own bloody children they are so desperate to keep this image up.

This is because they are people with a really f#cked up mentality. They don't want to bring apparent "shame" onto their families.
Reply 81
Original post by loveleest
Yeah I know. Would your parents disown you if you dated out?

Loads of my friends at school are Indian and their parents are cool with interracial relationships. The Pakistanis though, that's a different story...
Original post by satisfactionatlast
That's exactly what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said. :smile:

This whole Christian versus Muslim thing. It's the same God. Don't know in Islam, but the Bible says, "love the lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. Don't kill. Honour your father and mother. Don't steal. Don't lie. Don't commit adultery. Love your neighbour as yourself." Apart from the first [ and most important] one, I think the rest are just basic rules every half decent person should be abiding by. Not because God wants you to, but simply because that way of living is the RIGHT thing to do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Cubone-r
Yes, no one for one second is suggesting that all Muslims or all Sikhs or all Hindus are going to go out and commit honour-killings. However, the issue is real and does need to be discussed so we can put in place preventative policy. However, what tends to happen is that people from these cultures tend to take offense and imply it is an attack on themselves personally so we have to "tip-toe" around the issue and nothing ever gets done - then the cycle repeats.

Fair enough.

But it's going to be quite a tough problem to resolve just like that. To me, certainly in this country it's going to be partially resolved by time.

When the children of these people grow up they will likely to be more liberal with their own children due to the lack of freedom they themselves had.
Original post by Robby2312
In Christianity they are one and the same.Jesus is God.

I've always been curious about this and I'm actually dead serious right now. Can you please explain this concept? Like, I don't get it. How can Jesus be both a Prophet, a God, and God's son? Aren't they the same person in your belief? And if he is a God, then why did he die? Isn't God so powerful? And what did he accomplish by dying? For our sins? This doesn't make sense. How can you 'die for people's sins'?

I'm actually very curious about what Christians believe so I need a good and educated answer please. Thanks. :smile:
Don't be absurd. This has nothing to do with Islam. Nothing.

Don't by stupid, this happens all the time in countries which are considered 'muslim countries' ofc it has to do with islam.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
The meaning hasn't changed. Just the wording. KJV (one version of the Bible) uses Old English words such as "thou, thy etc". Check this link out:
http://biblehub.com/romans/10-4.htm
It's one bible verse from different versions of the Bible.

Thanks for clarifying this :smile:

However, some Christians themselves claim that some things have been changed in order to fit within today's society so I don't quite get that.
Original post by SGHD26716
This is because they are people with a really f#cked up mentality. They don't want to bring apparent "shame" onto their families.

Yet apparently, their killing someone, and therefore choosing to become a murderer is the height of respectability? There is nothing worse. It is THE most wicked thing. Period.
Reply 88
Original post by markova21
Yet apparently, their killing someone, and therefore choosing to become a murderer is the height of respectability?

Yes, like I said that's how f#cked up their mentality is.

It's why it's called an "honour" killing. They think they've preserved their families honour by taking action
Thanks for clarifying this :smile:

However, some Christians themselves claim that some things have been changed in order to fit within today's society so I don't quite get that.

I don't get that and disagree with those Christians. The Bible itself hasn't changed much apart from the wording.
Original post by Samendra
Don't by stupid, this happens all the time in countries which are considered 'muslim countries' ofc it has to do with islam.

The population of Muslims in India is around 14%. Majority my *** :smile:

Who's bying stupid now?
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I don't get that and disagree with those Christians. The Bible itself hasn't changed much apart from the wording.

I see :smile:

Who's bying stupid now?

You clearly have no understanding of how percentages work. Look at the proportion of honour killings committed in the world over the last 10-20 years the majority are by muslims in whatever country. The country differs, religion stays the same. If you think this has nothing to do with Muslims you are an idiot.
Original post by Samendra
You clearly have no understanding of how percentages work. Look at the proportion of honour killings committed in the world over the last 10-20 years the majority are by muslims in whatever country. The country differs, religion stays the same. If you think this has nothing to do with Muslims you are an idiot.

I'm an idiot if I continue talking to a senseless goat such as yourself. Goodbye :smile:
I'm an idiot if I continue talking to a senseless goat such as yourself. Goodbye :smile:

Lol cant answer the question so avoids it, classy move :smile:
Instead of killing they should have slapped them with rolling pins and suffocated them with roti dough.
Reply 96
Original post by AppleB
Instead of killing they should have slapped them with rolling pins and suffocated them with roti dough.

Quite insensitive
Original post by SGHD26716
Quite insensitive

Yes.

Who's bying stupid now?

14% of over a billion people is huge, there are far more muslims in india than another other religion BESIDES hindu's or even Pakistan. After partition and the creation of Pakistan there is actually no reason for muslims to even be residing in India when they created Pakistan for the soul purpose of it being an Islamic country. There are very very few minority religions in Pakistan and they are oppressed, at least in India there is freedom to practice your own religion. ffs
Honour killings is a cultural problem not an Islamic problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending