The Student Room Group

What do you think inc Muslim Brothers and Sisters

Do you think Asian Culture our society and parents are too harsh and lenient on the views of marriage, the age we can get married to especially when it’s encouraged even when our own prophet Muhammad (sawm) had got married at a young age and encouraged us too.
Reply 1
Not Asian but Arab and the culture around marriage here is closer to the sunnah than Indian/sub continent culture. The view here is that as long as you have the financial capacity (house/living space) then you are good to go. We do not have the culture of living with in-laws and that’s seen as strange to us as the wife is entitled to her own accommodation.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think Asian Culture our society and parents are too harsh and lenient on the views of marriage, the age we can get married to especially when it’s encouraged even when our own prophet Muhammad (sawm) had got married at a young age and encouraged us too.

Perhaps consider Hinduism? Buddhism perhaps?

I hear both are popular with 'asians' and perhaps have a different outlook on such matters.
Reply 3
Original post by Quady
Perhaps consider Hinduism? Buddhism perhaps?

I hear both are popular with 'asians' and perhaps have a different outlook on such matters.

Bruh that was not his question, and why would he change his religion over such a matter, especially to pagan ones like what you listed.
Reply 4
Original post by Nobutyes
Bruh that was not his question, and why would he change his religion over such a matter, especially to pagan ones like what you listed.

If you read the OP then you'll find they (dunno why you'd presume Anon is a he) didn't actually ask a question.

I mean I dunno why they are bothered enough to create a thread about it, so perhaps it's such a matter which would lead them to change sides. Confucianism is another popular one with Asians - especially Chinese Asians.
Reply 5
Original post by Quady
If you read the OP then you'll find they (dunno why you'd presume Anon is a he) didn't actually ask a question.

I mean I dunno why they are bothered enough to create a thread about it, so perhaps it's such a matter which would lead them to change sides. Confucianism is another popular one with Asians - especially Chinese Asians.

He she or whatever we’re asking for views on the Asian culture around marriage. If this person is a practising Muslim, they would not change their religion even if it meant they would obtain the riches of the world, so your answer has no value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending